Saturday, January 19, 2008

Date Night at T.P.

So tonight Klane and I went up to Thanksgiving Point for dinner and a movie. We're still using up our spoils from the contest we won at the TP Bridal Fair last year... lots of free food and movies!
We had a nice dinner at Harvest restaurant (it tastes so much better when it's free ;) and then saw Cloverfield, which just came out yesterday. Holy cow, it was INTENSE! The whole thing was filmed by one of the characters holding a camcorder, which made me a bit motion sick at times with all the running around and camera-flinging (I would recommend taking a dramamine before going) but we decided the movie wouldn't have been as scary otherwise. If you've seen any of the previews, you were probably infuriated slash enthralled by the fact that they never really show you what is after these people. Well, since it was filmed by camcorder, much of the movie you couldn't see what was after them or what was coming next - but it was so good!! It definitely kept us on the edge of our seats, and it was one of those movies where it ends and you just sit there like, "Whoa............"
I'd recommend it if you like intense movies and if you don't mind a little blood. (That sounds awful but it wasn't bad. :)

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you! We just saw the same movie and the whole time I was just hoping that the camera guy would put the camera DOWN! I think I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't sick the whole time!! I am glad that I found your blog, it is easier to keep in touch with everyone this way. And believe me, you both are doing so well that the house will come sooner than ya think, it did for us! Talk to you later!

Dr. Brian Graf said...

Hey you little cutie! Sharla and Beanz went to the movie that you and Klane went to on your movie date. They really enjoyed it so thanks for the recommendation. I was at Youth Conference all weekend at Aspen Grove. We sure love you guys and enjoy your blog!
Love,
Dad

Meagan Marie said...

Ang! I am so excited that you have a blog!! now we can be blog buddies!! love ya!