Sunday, January 25, 2009

Extreme Sledding at Sundance

It pays to know someone in the sign business. Sara got us a couple huge sheets of plastic sign material which we took up to Sundance and used as a giant sled. Four people on a huge sheet of plastic so slippery you can hardly stay on it when it's stationary?! Craziness. I promise you we had to have reached speeds of 30 to 35 mph! The only way to stop (and avoid hitting the trees at the bottom of the run) was to roll off the side of the sled and slide/roll for 30 feet, arms and legs tangling up with the people next to you. By the time you figure out which way is up you are laughing so hard you can barely breathe. It was crazy and really fun. We'll be sad when we go on our internship this summer and won't be able to see Mike and Sara all the time and do crazy things like this. We are definitely four peas in a pod. We love those two. But we will soak it up while we can!

9 comments:

Sydna Graf said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You have so many yummy recipes. I think you would really like the site thepioneerwoman.com She has photography tips and great recipes. This site has nothing to do with pioneers the way we think of them.

Unknown said...

You guys are crazy. I am way too much of a chicken. I love that you guys are all so close. What a great family.

Dayna said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Ryan and Donna said...

WOW! That would be a blast! I could only imagine how hard you were all laughing. Its fun to have Mike and Sara in your same stage of life. You guys will always be close with them.

Mallory said...

This is hilarious. I love that you did this, it looks like a blast! Let's do it in Wymount sometime.

Sharla said...

What a blast! I am so glad you had a fantastic weekend! You need that with you and Klanes busy life! You are so dang much fun.

Sheralee said...

oh my goodness FUN!!!!! that sounds so awesome and crazy! :) I'm excited to see you!!

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

ha ha I absolutely loved your description! That sounds so fun!!!

Mills Family said...

Oh my gosh! How fun!!!!!