Monday, March 3, 2008

"Remission": What a beautiful word!

This pic is kind of old, it's from February 19 when I was lucky enough to be the one to sit with my mom at the cancer center. She had a really great few weeks leading up to this, and was just glowing. (I keep saying it's not very fair that she looks healthier than me and she's in the middle of chemotherapy... :)
But here is some awesome news: She had a CT scan and the tumors are gone! Her doctors were amazed, but she is now cancer free! The miracles of modern medicine combined with the faith, prayers and fasting of SO many people around us... what a blessing! We are excited and now she just has to finish out her last two chemo sessions. Hopefully I get lucky enough to go sit with her again, it was fun to have nothing to do but sit and chat for a few hours with my mom. She is awesome and an amazing example to me!

5 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

This was such awesome news! Your mom looks awesome in this photo. I am very happy for you and your family!

Dayna said...

What great news!!! Your mom really does look amazing. But so do you Angie, I dont want to hear any of your nonsense again. :)

Unknown said...

Hooray. We are looking forward to the day we hear that word too! Prayers and fasting do amazing things. I am so glad I can read your blog and hear this good news.

Bobbilynn said...

Thats amazing! Your mom is such a great lady. I'm happy for your family getting this great news.

Amie said...

I am so glad to hear about your Mom. She looks amazing, you would never know what she is going through by this picture.