Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fool's!

I am awesome. I did the best April Fool's prank on Klane. I can't say it was all my own idea, but it turned out amazing. A pregnant girl at work took a pregnancy test for me and I took it home. When Klane came home I told him I had some news for him and showed him the positive test. I am usually not a good liar but I totally had him convinced! It was amazing. I only let it go for about a minute before I told him "April Fool's". He couldn't believe it; he said he'd never been tricked so well and he had been really convinced! I wanted to see his reaction to 'the news' before I told him it was a joke, and I was glad that although he was very shocked that I was 'pregnant' - we both know this wouldn't be the best timing for us to have a baby - his first reaction was "Ang, that's awesome!" so I'm glad to know he would be excited and supportive if it were true! :) And I'm also glad that he laughed about it with me afterward.

14 comments:

Liz & Zac said...

Thats awesome Angie, Im glad i could pee on a stick for you! Im glad it went well.

Lynsie said...

I bet klane thought that was pretty "Hilarious".I just can't wait until you are! (No Pressure or anything wink wink)

Ross Co. said...

All I can say is Well Done!

Unknown said...

good job. I thought about a similar trick but I didn't think it would be as funny for me. I didn't even come up with any other jokes. We will be excited when it is for real for you guys...at the right time.

Angie said...

haha don't worry guys, our baby time will come!

Amber and Ryan said...

Thats so funny Angie! Just do it; kids are awesome.

Harries Family said...

That is too funny because I did the same thing to Adam. It was so great because he got really quiet and then really upset. I had to tell him April Fools before he got too mad. Its such a good joke to pull on Husbands.

Bobbilynn said...

way to go. thats funny. GOod thing you did it to Klane and not your dad. Your dad would have been sad to hear that it was a joke. :)

Sharla said...

Klane is a great sport because that is some very high emotions going from not pregnant to pregnant to not pregnant in a matter of moments. Good to see he is such an supportive husband either way. You are awesome Klane!! So maybe this was a warm up for things to come.....

Dayna said...

HAHAHAHA that is hilarious!! I wish I had known you were doing that before because I would have totally done it to Steve too. Although, I don't know if his reaction would have been as positive as Klane's, jk. How clever!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Angie my love! I'm not going to lie, I love that you totally punked him...big! Well I love ya and hope you have a wonderful weekend! I can't wait for date night, stat! You and Klane are darling and will have super cute children...in the future!-Linds

Sydna Graf said...

Angie,
I should have done that to Curt! He would have been thrilled to find out it was a joke--maybe next April Fool's!
Sydna

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

ANG! I love this prank!! I seriously was going to do that to Colton just to see his reaction because as you know we already have had this happen.... lol and Oaklee is only 6 months old! I'm kicking myself that I didn't do it!! I thought Klane's reaction was so precious.. what a good husband!!

Christine said...

i love that you did this. it makes me smile.