Wednesday, April 30, 2008

we're kind of just in love with each other

We just can't stop celebrating, what with our anniversary this week and with a break (however short) from school. What's not to celebrate? Our actual anniversary was the 28th, so on Monday night I fixed us a yummy 'gourmet' dinner - complete with Martinelli's sparkling cider - and for dessert we shared a piece of our wedding cake top, which has been in the freezer for a year. (Who thought of that tradition??!) There is no picture of the cake, but don't worry, it wasn't too scary. Surprisingly enough, it was actually really good. After dinner we did something we love that we haven't been able to do for a while. We packed up all the pillows, cushions and blankets in the house, put them in the back of Klane's truck, drove up to a lookout point where we had a good view of the city lights and watched a movie on the laptop. May sound kind of random but we love watching movies in the back of Klane's truck. It really is so fun! We haven't done it since last summer and on Monday it was finally warm enough. What a fun evening with my favorite boy.

The Dinner. (yes we take pictures of our food. see recipe to the side.)
Our little movie-watching spot. How cosy. I realized we should have turned around and got a picture of the view! We had a good view of the valley, and once it got dark it was cool to see the stars and the city lights.
I love this boy!
I had to soak up all the time I had with him before he went back for Spring semester. It really was so great to have that week after finals when we had nothing to worry about and could just spend time together. I am glad he'll be graduating in a year, but his schedule is going to be CRAZY until then! He started classes on Tuesday and I realized I really am not going to see much of him for the next couple months. Night classes, lunchtime classes, extra projects and meetings on the other nights and of course Calle. I love my hardworking husband, he does so much.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your recipes. They always look great.

Bobbilynn said...

You're so sweet I'm starting to be sad about not going on the cruise too but it really is the best thing i can do for my family. We just found out last night too that Steve's Aunt had her baby 3 months early and his mom (who would have been my babysitter for the week) really wanted to go stay with her and help her with her kids so she can be with her baby in NICU so it works for everyone! You girls have fun!

PS. I ate the top of our wedding cake alone because It was poppyseed and I never knew that Steve HATED poppyseed! but it was still really good. I was surprised.

You and your hubby are so cute! You guys do such fun stuff

Dayna said...

You guys are one hot couple. And Angie... you are unreal! Look at that fancy dish!!! I definitely want to try it, however, Steve HATES fish, while I LOVE fish (especially salmon), so it will have to be a time I'm on my own for dinner.

In response to your comment on my blog: Flemmings is a really yummy restaurant in the gateway in salt lake. They have steak, lobster, chicken, etc. And then you share sides together as a table (flemming potatoes, asparagus, etc.). Its a pricey joint (hence, the reason we were with my Dad and not alone, lol) but definitely a place worth trying for a special occasion. They have excellent desserts too- my favorite- creme brulee. So yummy.

Sharla said...

So I posted last night but somehow it didn't show up, so here I go again! Love the photos and love the recipe. I am trying it tonight and can't wait to see the look on the boys faces. We think you are perfect and love seeing what you will do next. So much fun!!!!
Oh, Justin is up for Prom royalty and so is Andrea. We will find out on Saturday night!! You two (Angie) are living very similar lives just a few years apart.

Harries Family said...

I can't believe its been a year already. Happy belated Anniversary. You guys are too cute and how fun to go up and watch a movie in back of Klanes Truck. Did you really watch the movie though?...I actually don't want to know!!!!

Angie said...

hahahahaha i love it michelle, YES we did watch it! I saw 'E.T.' for the first time. It actually ended up being a kind of public spot, it was by a bike trail and people kept riding past till about 9:15 pm. Who woulda thought...? :)

Calee said...

Ang, how do you know how to fix these gourmet dinners? You must have way more patience than I do- I'm impressed!
I cannot believe it's really time to go on the cruise now AHHH :)

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

It was so good to see you the other day! I feel like some times life is SO crazy (as I'm sure you know) and it's nice to just sit down, relax, and have lunch with good friends!
K you said you weren't creative, but hello you are!!! You have an eye for photography! AND FOOD. I'm so impressed and inspired and I frequently check your blog to get updated on some awesome recipes! So thank you!
Again congrats on the anniversary, that year went too fast!! You guys are cute!!!

Emily said...

Hey Angie, I'm glad you found my blog. What a fun outing! You guys are so cute and we think you are such great neighbors. Your wedding pics are beautiful! I was all about wearing my hair down as well.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Angie, you are the cutest wife! I love that you're always thinking of new gourmet dinners & fun things to do with Klane. I'm taking notes :-)

Amber and Ryan said...

Can I just say that dish looks restaurant perfect! Looks yummy and easy too; I am definitely going to try it. I didn't get to write down your bbq pizza recipe in time. If you get a chance email it to me. Hope you are enjoying summer break.