Friday, October 24, 2008

I Love to See



I love the Provo Temple. Well, any temple, really. But this one feels like "ours". I get to see this view driving home every day (except maybe not with the sky looking so photograph-worthy). I can’t believe how lucky we are to live within two minutes walking distance from the House of the Lord. How many people in the world can say that? I’m sure the odds are slim. I read an article in the Ensign about a man who walked a ridiculous distance every Sunday just to go to church. I bet he had never even seen the temple, but he knew the gospel was true. I hope I would have that kind of faith if living the gospel wasn’t easy and all around me every day. For now we’ll take advantage of the opportunity to walk across the street and enter the temple to learn the things of eternity and feel the peace and love of our Savior.

8 comments:

Sharla said...

I love our Temple Tuesdays!!! Thank you so much for such a great idea. It makes my week so much better and reminds me of what is most important. Being with you is always a treat, but being with you in the temple is extra special. Brian and I are trying to go every Friday or Saturday and so I get a double dose and I love it. You inspire so many!!! Thank you!! Lubs

Emily said...

Thanks for posting this picture! It makes me miss home, my mountain, my temple and the leaves! I love it!

Chelsea Wilkes said...

Angie!!! O my, this is Chelsea wilkes, use to be Chelsea Yarn!! anatomy.. good times. I cant believe i found your blog,, through michelles!!

Meagan Marie said...

Love this post! Beautiful pictures!

Alene said...

Angie you have such an eye for photography! Those shots are incredible with the rolling in storm clouds, mountains, etc! I too love to have the temple so close... we're so spoiled!

Dayna said...

I love to see the temple too. These shots are great and I love the dark clouds above. It really is such a blessing to live so close and even walking distance.

I also love the shots of Linds' and her fam. What cute pictures of them playing in the leaves- you have a good eye for this stuff and capture priceless moments.

PS. This is totally off note but has to do with my older post--- We should get a big girly group together to go see Twilight when it comes out!

Alyssa/Jo said...

Great pictures!!

Gaskin Girl said...

You sure take GORGEOUS pictures! I just can't look at them enough. Looking at those pics of the temple makes me miss Provo SOOO much. Sometimes I find myself just yearning to drive down the streets of Utah Valley. Crazy, I know. Miss you guys! You were the greatest VT EVER!!