Friday, October 17, 2008

Today, I...

...listened to every song i have by The Weepies. Skipped working out on purpose, even though i had time. Read my latest favorite blog. Did some work and spent most of my day on a project I will describe below. Made enchiladas for Klane and his team.

It is fall break for me and UVU, and Klane is busy busy busy. He's on multiple teams at the ad lab and everything seems to be due monday. The timing couldn't be worse for my mid-semester break but it has been nice to not have to get up early to run between school and work all day. I decided to take Elder Uchdorf's advice from the General RS Meeting to create something. I headed to DI to get some cheeeeeeap frames, Home Depot for spray paint, my computer for my favorite pictures, and set to creating. Before/After pics follow:





I was loosely basing it off these images from Pottery Barn:



The best part? On ten new frames of all sizes, plus paint, I spent a total of $22.50. The price of one 4x6" frame from Pottery Barn? $29. I feel like I've won some sort of competition: Angie versus the overpriced home decor industry.

On another note, this lyric caught my ear today:

Let me assure you friend
Every day is ice cream and chocolate cake
And what you make of it, let me say
You get what you take from it so be amazed
And never stop, never stop, never stop
You gotta be brave

'Cause all this beauty
You might have to close your eyes
And slowly open wide
And watch the sun rise

-All This Beauty, The Weepies

12 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

Oh Angie they turned out GREAT! I am so jealous. How fun would that project be. Yours turned out just as great as the one at Pottery Barn! Good job!

MommaChelle said...

wow im impressed...that was very crafty of you! it looks really cute and it was so cheap, that is a fun day!

Mallory said...

Isn't Layne's blog wonderful? If her blog is your latest favorite, you are one of my new favorite people. I had never heard of The Weepies, but I want to know who they are now. I'm jealous of your ambition to craft.

Christine said...

you are so good. i am so lame. i spent the break working and studying!!

:)

Ross Co. said...

Can you come decorate my house?

Klane said...

I know her! That's my wife!

Unknown said...

Nice work! Ditto to Annie R. - Come do a little decorating at my house!

Liz & Zac said...

Love it! You are creative. Don't you love days like that?

Sharla said...

I Love you and that is just one more amazing Angie moment in the hundreds that occur every day!!!

Sydna Graf said...

I love how your pictures and frames turned out. I recognize that entertainment center that used to be Stephanie's, then Kim's, then ours, now yours. It's a Graf family heriloom to be treasured forever! ;) It's a lot cuter the way you have it decorated in your house than it ever was in mine.

theRach said...

I am very impressed...the frames turned out way cute!! You've totally inspired me to do more decorating. :)

Sheralee said...

Thos frames look so good Angie! You are so cute :) It made me smile when I saw this post because I totally did the same thing! After the General RS broadcast I decided to make something so I went to the craftstore and got some frames that I painted and stuff. Funny huh? I guess great minds think alike! I'll have to put some pictures on my blog.
I love ya and hope that school and everything is going good!