Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Ran for Nie

I recently stumbled upon the most beautiful blog. It’s the blog of Stephanie Nielson, all about her love and passion for life and her family and her husband. She writes so beautifully, posts gorgeous images, and creates this magical fairytale life out of the everyday occurrences of being a wife and mother. It’s fabulous. Two months ago NieNie and her husband were hospitalized after a horrible plane crash. Now her family reposts favorite posts of Nie’s and get people to donate to her recovery fund. I highly recommend checking it out, whether you plan on donating or not. Her outlook on life and lovely posts will at least be uplifting to read. It is amazing.



This morning I participated in a 5k “Run for Nie” on Grandview. I ran and appreciated the ability I have to do so. I was grateful for my health and prayed for Nie, her recovery, and her family. It was touching to see so many people come show their support. Her sisters and mom were there. I am pretty sure I saw Mindy Gledhill as well, who knows Nie and is doing a benefit concert in Mesa next weekend for her. I was a little starstruck by the LDS singer and blog-stars. :) Before the race, I made friends with a nice girl named Brooke. We talked a bit, but when we started running we parted ways. Brooke, thanks for talking with me so I didn’t feel like a loser standing there by myself. I saw you cross the finish line as i was getting in my car and I cheered for you!

Tonight, pray for Nie.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

NieNie and CJane are my favorite blogs. I was so hoping that one of you would run for Nie. I would -if I weren't 9 months prego. We should pray for Nie - and hope to be as amazing as she is as a mother and wife.

Ryan and Donna said...

Very inspiring family. I was interested in the details of the crash and the latest health update for Stephanie and Christian, so I googled their names and it is amazing how many people are following their story. They were even featured on the Today Show with Matt Lauer recently. You can view the videos on youtube. Stephanie was burned over 83% of her body and is slowly recovering. Ang, you are awesome to pitch in to help where you are able. You are very similar in many ways to StephaNIE-NIElson.
--Ryan

Dayna said...

Ang- I am so jealous you got to run. That was so good of you. I found out about the run after I had already planned a get together up at Steve's cabin. I wanted to go so badly. Thats great they had an awesome turn out. You are good to post this story up here to spread the word. Steve and I have followed their blog and recovery and donated what we can. It makes my heart ache to know what happened to them after reading their truly MAGICAL (you hit that dead on) life stories.

Amie said...

Angie,
I read this post and hadn't ever heard about Nie. So I went to her blog and couldn't stop reading. It is so uplifting. She is truly an amazing person in lots of different aspects. Thanks for introducing her to me. I think it is so neat you ran for her. You are amazing too.

Emily said...

I am so inspired by your frames! They look great! my sis-in-law loves The Weepies and I've been meaning to check them out, aren't they a husband and wife duo?

Sharla said...

Hi sis, so after all your inspirational blogging I checked them out and posted on Shelbys! She wrote me right back and was so kind and gracious. Cancer survivors stick together! Cause we Rock!!! tee hee Anyway thank you for your inspirations daily. You are amazing and fill your time with very worthwhile things. You always seem to say and do the right thing and you are constantly brightening my day!!

Sharla said...

You are an inspiration to so many. You have really started something wonderful. Thanks for Sharing and being such a great influence to us all. We love you too pieces!!