Sunday, December 28, 2008

winter wonderland

we were crazy enough to drive up to the cabin at 10:30 Christmas night in a total blizzard, but we felt adventurous.



this is how deep the snow was up there



my dad was kind enough to dig us a path to get into the cabin. That is his head poking up through the snow


and in the morning the storm had passed and all was calm




Justin is crouching in the path my dad dug through the snow so we could get inside. The walls are like 4 feet tall!


the pond in front of the cabin




and the boys snowboarded down the roads. yes, the same ones the cars were supposed to be able to drive on. Hooray for winter!

6 comments:

Mallory said...

Oh, Angie. Love the falling snow in front of the cabin picture and the one of the pond. You definitely showed the beautiful side of that snow and thank you for trekking through the icky side of the snow to capture it.
Also I feel like I haven't seen you in like 3 months and I think you were in my dream the other night. Glad to see your Christmas was great!!

Mills Family said...

Ang!...your mom and dad were JUST telling us all about that SNOW up there at the cabin! I couldn't wait to see some pics of it! Hey, what fun though! And that is so funny that the boys were snowboarding on the roads! CRAZY BOYS!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

How fun, Ang! I can't believe how much snow is up there! And I thought we had a lot at our house haha. Love the pictures, as usual :-)

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

ohhh those pictures make me want to be up there drinking some hot chocolate and then dive into that 4 foot snow pile! It looks so clear and calm.. Beautiful!

Christine said...

you are crazy! then again, i'm a weenie when it comes to driving in the snow. it drives tyler nuts.

:)

Sharla said...

I love this post and I am so glad you capture and post our adventures and then I don't feel bad for not doing it. Tonite, maybe we can post the pictures off my camera of Justin jumping off the railing of the cabin into the snow drifts. Crazy!!!