Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The things we do for love... and WICKED


Last Thursday night I did the craziest thing! I stayed up all night in the freezing cold on the streets of SLC, waiting for Wicked tickets to go on sale. It was COLD, it was tiring, at times it was frightening... but actually it was kind of fun! I went with my mom and little bro Justin. We brought treats and blankets and hot chocolate. We stayed awake all night talking. We met creepy Wicked-obsessed fans and some normal fans too. We were on the news, shivering in our camp chairs at five in the morning, and we got a picture with a "witch" from the radio station that was there in the morning. We waited for eight hours in the cold dark night and we were 140th in a line of over 1000 people. And we were victorious! We scored 24 tickets for various family and friends. It was definitely a night to remember. Thanks mom for thinking to bring your camera. We are so wicked!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I LOVE Wicked but I don't think I love it enough to wait out all night. I am impressed. Hooray for Wicked. I am so glad it is finally making it to Utah. I can't wait to go (again).

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Cute pictures, Ang! I'm glad you all survived... and were victorious :-)

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Your mom is so dang cute. So I like Jon borrow my camera for his bachelors party, Jess and I took it to him after we used it, and he managed to lose it. Luckily his roommate just found it stuck inside his couch cushions so I will get the pictures from our roomie dinner up soon. Merry Christmas!

akrollins said...

I can't believe you guys that is so cool I love wicked my sisters saw it in Chicago and they loved it.

Sheralee said...

Yay for Wicked!! :) love ya Angie!

Dayna said...

FUN!!!!!! I have never seen it. You selling any of those tickets you got?

Harries Family said...

Burrrrr..you are brave to be out in the cold, in Utah!!! Makes for a great memory though. Glad you had good company with you. Tell your parents hi, miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

You are crazy!!!! So fun. Pat and saw wicked last summer and it is definitely worth a sleepless night!