Wednesday, December 24, 2008

You know you're getting old when...

you forget how old you are. This is the conversation we just had:

A: how old am I?
K: uh..... 21.
A: are you sure?
K: yeah.
A: oh, good. I was worried for a second that I was 22.
K: i'm.... 24 right?
A: yeah. (thinking, "If he's 24, that means I'm.....") Wait, I AM 22!
K: oh, yeah.
A: DANG it!!!

How did this happen? My mother had a baby and a half at my age! What am I doing with my life?!


This is us in Hawaii right after we were married. I was young and chipper at age 20. Wasn't that just a month ago or something? Hmm...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

First off- You are not old!!!!!!!!! Because that would mean I am too. And there is NO WAY I am old- at least not yet, and at least not willing to admit it.

What ARE you doing with your life? A baby and a 1/2? Get going already and join the fun!!! :)

Unknown said...

BTW- this is dayna... i didn't realize that my little sister was logged into this thing.....

Bobbilynn said...

That's so funny. I'm seriously laughing out loud! I've done that before too!

Unknown said...

Seriously - I turn 35 this year. That is old. And now need to rush the baby thing - except you would have fun with Dayna and you will be a great mom.

Calee said...

Hehe, I laughed out loud too because I have done that EXACT thing! And the exact same question came to mind-"What am I doing with myself and where am I going!?" It actually gave me a little meltdown when I turned 24...
I love you Ang. :)

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! Luckily Alex is only 3 months (exactly) older than me so for the most part one of us remembers. . . most of the time! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!