Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the National Board Dental Hygiene Exam was today...

I survived all eight hours. And I think I may have passed. Here is what got me through all the studying:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


½ cup of butter (1 stick), softened
¼ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of white sugar
½ cup of peanut butter (I used creamy)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 ¼ cup of flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup of walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large mixer, cream butter, peanut putter, sugars and vanilla. Add the egg and mix until light & fluffy. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt - mix thoroughly. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, stirring continuously. Add chocolate chips and combine. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on the baking sheet and press the center of the cookie with a fork. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your recipes. Sounds like this one could get us through anything. :) Congrats on completing that exam. I am sure you passed. No question there.

Ross Co. said...

Cookies make anything possible ;)

Amie said...

I want to take a bite right now of one of those cookies! Mmmmm. Congrats on taking your boards. I bet you feel so relieved to have them over with, not to mention school!! Good job! So when are you moving out this way?

Mills Family said...

congrats on getting that huge exam out of the way!! I love peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies....love the idea of putting them together! I'll have to try it!

Alyssa/Jo said...

Way to go! I'm jealous!!! 3 years left for me. :(

Dayna said...

congrats- that must feel awesome! and those cookies look yyuummmmmmyyy

Lindsay Henderson said...

Hooray for you too! I'm so excited for you. NO MORE SCHOOL, can I get a Woot Woot! Love you friend:)