Monday, March 16, 2009

we showed cancer who's boss


The Rex Lee Run is an annual event for my family and the office. By running we donate to cancer research.


This year was extra special because my mom was back in the race. Last year she sat on the sidelines because she was in the middle of chemotherapy.

She showed cancer who's boss. She placed second in her age division yesterday. I'm so grateful for my mom.


And for this handsome guy who runs by my side and likes being silly with me.


I'm also grateful for Magleby's Fresh and their wonderful french toast. Thanks dad!

9 comments:

Ross Co. said...

Maybe someday I'll be as active as you guys and attempt the 5k...but don't hold your breath ;)

Mills Family said...

Hi Ang! I just got off of your mom's blog and was hoping to see some more of the fun 5k run! Yeah! Ang, your family is amazing! It ALMOST makes me want to get up and run along with you!!!! I love love love that you do that! I totally really did get chocked up looking at the pics from both your and your mom's blogs from this experience. It's so great to see your mom doing so well!!! miracles!!! We love you guys!

Celeste Miller said...

I love your mom. She's amazing. I love you too girl. Thats awesome that you guys always participate in that run!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! That is so great that your mom did so well-- she is beautiful! And I love that picture of you and Klane haha

Dayna said...

mmm magleby's french toast. you just HAD to throw that in there didn't you.... dang, i want some now, badly.

Dayna said...

PS. your mom looks amazing.

kaylie jean. said...

wooo yeah!

Krystyna said...

Wow, that is so great about your mom!!! What a great lady! I was totally going to run the race, but I couldn't because of dumb work :(

Kaylene said...

Maybe I can join you again next year! Love this tradition...you're my favorite runners!