Sunday, March 1, 2009

reasons to celebrate

Pedersen's Sports is going out of business. Everything is at least 50% off. My parents gave Klane a Pedersen's gift card for Christmas.

Klane just got brand new amazing ski boots for $79. Regular price: $579.



He is celebrating. I'm happy for him.


Also, I got to sit next to my honey at church today. It was Stake Conference in the singles' stake, so Klane was relieved from his bishopric duties for the day. Hooray! I may have sneaked in a mini pack of peanut butter m&ms to get us through the two hours. And along with all the singles, we learned how to find an eternal companion. (Check!)


And lastly, there are just 7 weeks and 5 days till I never have to step inside the MATC building at UVU ever again. (!!!!!!!!!!) I can't wait. The only problem is that between now and then are the three most important exams I will ever take in my academic career. Because if I don't pass these, then the rest of it will really have been for nothing. In case you were wondering, the National Board exam (the written portion with 800 or so questions) is in 23 days, the Western Regional Board local anesthesia written/clinical exam is in 47 days, and the North East Regional Board clinical exam (for which I'll be flying myself and one lucky patient to NYC) is in 54 days. The culmination of my academic career is upon me.

7 comments:

Ryan and Donna said...

HA HA! Funny Pictures! Something tells me that Klane is definitely Stoked about his new purchase. LOL!
By the way, we are excited for Klane's New York internship. Very Cool.

Calee said...

Hehe, congrats to Klane on the steal. I love it when that kind of stuff happens! And congrats to you on being less than 8 weeks away from academic freedom. (although my stomach starts to hurt in anticipation a little bit for you thinking about those boards...)

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

I am cracking up at those pics of Klane; looks like he is ready to hit the slopes right now! That is such a killer deal; my jaw dropped when I saw the original price and then what you paid. Right ON!
Oh my goodness you are so close to being DONE! Ang I have so much admiration for you and how hard you've worked for this, you are going to pass and be awesome!
Love you!

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

p.s. you already are awesome, you'll be awesome-er! Ok I'm done promise

Sheralee said...

love the ski poses! haha. Good luck with all your tests Angie! and thank goodness for peanut butter m&ms :)

Alene said...

YAHOO ANGIE! Sounds like the end is in sight! :-D That is such a wonderful feeling. And congrats on the NYC internship! It will be hard there for the beginning of the summer... :-( ... But what a neat experience you'll have when Klane gets a job out there!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I love Klane sporting his new gear! Reminds me of a scene from mulitiplicity - if you haven't seen it, you need to borrow it from us!

Good luck on all your tests! I'm still trying to ace mine so I can get into the program you are trying to get out of.