Friday, March 20, 2009

thoughts on babies and things


We watched this little squirt for a few hours the other day. Oh my. He kept us hoppin. We love little Ry guy. Thanks Ann for trusting us to keep an eye on him, we had fun.

Sometimes having a baby scares me because I wonder if I'll lose my sense of self when I become so wrapped up in the life of my child. People have kids and suddenly they disappear from their blogs; no more life of the couple, all there is to update the world on is the baby. And maybe there's nothing wrong with that.

So mothers out there, how do you maintain your individual identity when you're talking baby talk all day? Do you ever feel less like "Ashley" or "Britney" or "Angie" because all you are is "Mom"? How can you maintain a romantic relationship with your spouse when you move from being "lovers" to being "parents"? Maybe the definitions aren't as narrow as I'm making them. Maybe you can be more than one thing at a time. Am I the only one who thinks about this? What do you all think?

I'm sure I'll love being a mom. When the time is right. In the meantime we'll enjoy our nieces and nephews.


ha. look, they match!

7 comments:

Ross Co. said...

Very Hard Work, but without a doubt worth it. And Sorry my child looked so homeless in his mismatched outfit and little floods ;) Thanks for all you guys do!

Angie said...

ha, he looked adorable! always does.

Sharla said...

You will make the best mom ever! Just wait and see..... I have a present for you.

Sydna Graf said...

Just do what I do. Don't think about all the what if's. There's too many and it will just drive you crazy. Just take is as it comes. You will be a great mom.

Ryan and Donna said...

You will make the best mom as you have already been raised by one and will know what to do. You will find that you and Klane will grow even closer together once your family arrives. My mom once told me that parenthood is the tool Heavenly Father uses to teach us to be less selfish. I have found that to be all too true. It is hard but so rewarding. The best thing in life for me right now is to watch my kids discover the world as they grow. Its the best!
--Ry

Angie said...

thanks so much for all the great comments! i love this great advice from people i look up to, as great parents and great people.

akrollins said...

being a mom can be all consuming so just remember when the time comes and you get to be mom that you are still Angie. you have to Date your husband when you are a mom you have to set time aside and get a babysitter maybe and all night visit at grandmas and have a date with your husband and keep the romance alive. It's worth the stress.