Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Attempt


I'm taking a photo class this semester so my brain doesn't turn to mush from only thinking about teeth. This is my first print that I did my very own self in the darkroom (with the help of a kind stranger who took pity on me when I realized I didn't remember anything the teacher taught last week). It's of the pond in front of the cabin. I'll be honest, I don't like this photo much. In fact, the more I look at it the more I really hate it. Don't worry, though, I don't feel bad about it. I'm sure I'll get better at this black and white film thing. It's harder than you'd think!

While we're talking about school, here is a little update. Klane is hoping to get an internship at an ad agency in NYC. We are hoping that goes through but there will be plenty of opportunities for Klane's summer internship either way. We'll let you know as soon as we have official news about where we'll be this spring!

As for me, the reality of my board exams approaching is starting to hit me. I'm still waiting for this realization to inspire some kind of action (like, I don't know, studying...) but it is still hard to find the motivation, for some reason. I know it's important, but in six weeks (SIX!!!) will I really remember stuff I'm studying right now?


Excuse me, I'm going to go study now.

3 comments:

theRach said...

Wow, it's only 6 weeks away? I guess I've got some work to do, too!! Blech.

And I actually think your picture is really pretty....I envy your eye for photography!

Sharla said...

You will do great! You always do, but studying might be a good idea:) Fun to see you today and get a little hello yogurt fix. Love that place. As soon as you know let us know and we will book the flights. Can't wait to come see you where ever you land. This is so exciting and fun, almost like waiting for a mission call. Oh we are doing that soon too! By the way, Dad says he is already booked at the office before the Boston trip, so it would have to be after. His schedule if full.

Sydna Graf said...

I love black and white photography. I think it really lets you look at the details. My brother has some sort of bulky photography developing equipment that we're storing for him in our basement. If you really get into it maybe I can make you a deal, ha ha. I'm sure you want to haul that around with you this summer. He didn't even want to move it to California.