Saturday, February 28, 2009

well, folks...

It's as official as it's going to get before it's actually official, ok?


photo from davenyc2007 on flickr

So I'm officially announcing that Klane will be going to NYC for an internship this summer! We still don't know what advertising agency he'll intern for, but we'll let you know when we know. Jeff Sheets, the Ad Lab director (director...? sure.) is in NYC as we speak, negotiating with agencies to place his interns.

Some of you may have noticed I said Klane will be going for the internship. I have decided after much pondering, stewing and praying that I'll be staying with my parents until mid-June when the internship ends. The more info we got, the more we realized how much money we'd save if I stayed home and worked. Surprisingly I actually feel really really great about the decision, and so does Klane. I'll be coming out to stay with him for the first two weeks of the internship, and again for the first week in June. And if the internship is extended or Klane gets hired like we're hoping, then our Manhattan experience will be a lot more permanent than a seven week internship. (Think two to five years.) That is the plan anyway. Hopefully the economy doesn't mess with our plans.

We've really known for a while, and for the last month I've become obsessed with searching all things NY on the net and looking for cheap apartments. "Cheap" in Manhattan is about $1500 a month... for a 500 square foot studio. (Heaven help us.) But I've found a favorite new blog, Rockstar Diaries, about a fabulous LDS couple living in Manhattan. I found it today and I'm LOVING it. Check them out, they will have you dreaming of the city. I am obsessed.

And can I just say, I love my husband. I'm so proud of all the hard work he's putting in and the talent he's developing. I can't wait to see what he'll create next.

Also, it's my beautiful sister in law's birthday today, so Michelle, I wanted to send my love over the net, and I hope it reaches you down in sunny AZ. You deserve to be celebrated!

6 comments:

Sharla said...

Hooray for New York! Lets start making plans and get our plane flights. I am so excited and you will have lots of people who want to drop in for a visit! You are such an amazing and wonderful wife. What a great example!

Kyle said...

hey, how fun for you guys..so jealous! it will be such a fun experience for just the two of you..if you guys do end up living there! thanks for the birthday shout out!!!

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how being apart can be such an amazing experience, like when I was gone in Europe for 7 weeks. That is SO exciting about NYC!

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

W-O-W that is awesome news! That will be such a great experience and a chance to have some wonderful opportunities! EXCITING!

p.s. you will do awesome at boards, I just know it! good luck

Lynsie said...

I heart New York! Klane is going to be awesome! And if you end up moving there I'm coming to visit for sure!

Dayna said...

NYC will be SO MUCH FUN!! I am so excited for you both- because even just jumping in there every so often for you Angie will be amazing! The city is SUCH a cool place- and everyone I know that has lived there just loves it. Congratulations Klaner!