Friday, February 6, 2009

yes we love our pizza

I know it seems like my blog is turning into a food blog... but cooking is the most fun thing I've done this week, so there you have it. And things keep turning out really photograph-worthy and then what am I supposed to do with all these pictures but share them with you?!

Maybe this is weird, but when my family is on vacation and we go to a restaurant and the food looks especially scrumptious, we take pictures of it. Pictures of the food, pictures of us holding a plate of the food, pictures of us taking a bite of the food... yes we are totally weird. Maybe that's where I get this uncontrollable urge to photograph the food I make.


We were eating dinner tonight, and I thought, Happiness is sharing homemade pizza on paper plates with your best friend. It's one of my favorite things, anyway.

I very much enjoy making pizza. It is super quick and easy since I use rhodes dough, but you can make it really yummy! Lately I've done pizza about once a week. It's always different and it's fun to mix it up and try new things. Tonight was BBQ Chicken with a parmesan crust. Here's another pizza from a few weeks ago. Canadian bacon, avocado and tomato. Yum!


I love sitting down with my husband to eat dinner together. That's one of the reasons I like to cook. I grew up in a house where dinner as a family was a priority. I like that. So I've made my home that way. I like making something nice that Klane will enjoy. And I love spending time with him and hearing about his day. Here's to home-cooked meals! Now go out and buy some rhodes rolls and mozzarella and make yourself a gourmet pizza.

10 comments:

Dayna said...

I have been cooking obsessed lately too. For some reason I CRAVE homemade goodness rather than going out to eat- no matter how nice the restaurant.

Although your recipes look a lot better than mine.

That's it! I have to make pizza now. Looks delish!

Ross Co. said...

Having you in the family really makes me look bad ;)

Mills Family said...

I've been wanting to cook at home more too!...did you catch that? I said "wanting"...so that means that I havn't actually been doing it! ha ha but you are motivating me!!

Sydna Graf said...

Pizza is a great easy meal, but at our house it is pepperoni only. No variety will be tolerated by any of the kids. Oh well, maybe someday.

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Yum! I love pizza. I am sitting here and haven't had lunch yet and I think I may actually be drooling. ha ha. I totally agree with you on family dinners though, they are so important!

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

Ang you are an AMAZING cook! These pictures look like they were taken right out of a food magazine, I'm serious. I can almost taste the warmth and bubbly cheese...YUM... and the avocado pizza looks HEAVENLY Oh and your cupcakes were to DIE for... LOVE IT ALL
your amazing

Calee said...

Hey, I have no complaints about the food-based blogs lately. Keep them coming! I agree that the pics look like they came straight from Better Homes and Gardens or something; I'm enjoying the photog skills as much as admiring the final products. I think pizza just became part of this week's menu for us!

Calee said...

PS, have you ever considered devoting a WHOLE BLOG to food? I bet you'd get a lot of followers. It sounds like a lot more time than I'd want to spend, but you seem to fit more into the hours of your day than most anyway. (I need to learn how you do that!)
Anyway, if not right now, then maybe in a little while when you are home being a mommy among other things it would be something to consider... hint hint:)

Amie said...

You have amazing talent!! After reading your blog I always want to try and cook whatever you make! The pictures are a must, they always make me hungry. You always have the best recipes, I always look for recipes online and never find anything good. I usually end up looking at your blog for ideas. So tell me what kind of sauce do you use for the pizza? What temperature do you cook it on? How long? and any other tricks you may have up your sleeve for this tasty pizza! I loved the heart cup cake story because that is the way things work out in my kitchen every time!!

Angie said...

pizza directions for anyone interested:
9-12 rhodes texas rolls, thawed in plastic bag in fridge overnight then set out to rise for three-ish hours. Roll them out, pick up the dough and stretch it, anything to get it into a nice big circle. If you like big crust roll over the edges to make it have more of an edge.
Heat the oven to 375, bake the dough for 10 min, take it out and re-flatten it. (It puffs up in there). Then sauce it, top it and bake another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
For a BBQ pizza i love Sweet Baby Ray's but any sweet and tangy BBQ sauce should suffice. And for regular red sauce I just use regular old pasta sauce out of a can or jar. Prego? I don't know. If you want it more 'pizza' tasting I think oregano mixed in would help.