Friday, February 27, 2009

Portraits


The latest project in my photo class was portraits. This first one is what I actually turned in; the others were in the running. Maybe it was the subject matter (handsome husband's face...?) but I enjoyed this assignment way more than the first one. On Tuesday I was really panicking about boards and entering the work force and was having a tough day. But then I went into the photo lab and spent two hours processing film and making prints of Klane's sexy mug. It was very relaxing to be in the darkroom, doing something artistic and working with my hands. It's so cool to put your print in the developer solution and watch your image appear for the first time.

I turned this in on Thursday and my teacher passed it around and told everyone to notice the sharp detail in the eyes and the shallow depth of field (the nose is out of focus, the ears are out of focus, but the eyes are in). That's exactly what I was going for with the shot, so I was really pleased!

The other two have funny stories. I wanted to get a shot of Klane doing something sort of candid, so I thought of taking one through the mirror of him shaving. He has an electric razor and doesn't actually use shaving cream. Wonderful husband that he is, he wanted me to get the shot I wanted. That is hair mousse all over his face. I love my husband. The last one he took of himself when I wasn't home, so I can't take credit for it. It was a fun surprise when I developed the film to find a secret picture on it that I'd never seen!


6 comments:

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

Ang you've got some serious talent. I always LOVE love your photo's. They are so expressive and unique. How are boards going?

Angie said...

boards are 3 weeks from tuesday and i'm kind of freaking out a little bit. but i've heard people pass without studying at all. and i've studied a teeny bit, so i guess i still have a chance! thanks for asking. :)

Sharla said...

Handsome husband and more importantly, the eyes don't lie! He is good to the core!

Anonymous said...

What a good husband to pose for you :) I really like the shaving one. You have such a natural talent for this. Love.

Lynsie said...

Great photos Angie! My brother is pretty good looking....he must take after me!

healthy ashley said...

Mouse on the face... that is too funny! But the pictures turned out great!