Sunday, November 22, 2009

birthday celebrations, continued...

Abbie and I are both November babies. So we've started a tradition of celebrating our birthdays together (this being the first year). :) Our celebration involved many of our favorite things; shopping, dessert, more shopping, good wholesome entertainment, twinkle lights, Shake Shack, candles, singing... and more dessert.

I love Abbie. Our birthday month is just one of the many things we have in common. She made our celebration so much fun! I would've never sang Happy Birthday so many times in so many public places if it hadn't been for Abbie... and I loved it!!


After shopping at H&M, we stopped at the MAC store.
I was feeling wild and bought red lipstick.


We went to a musical fireside at the Lincoln Square building
about the women in Jesus Christ's life, put on by the stake.

Afterward we found a table outside between Broadway and Columbus, where we broke out cookies from Levain, lit candles, and sang Happy Birthday to each other. It was great fun.




Shake Shack was our dinner spot of choice.
Of course the candles came out again, and another birthday song was sung.



Our last stop was Magnolia Bakery for more icebox cake and banana pudding.
Since it's our birthday we're allowed two desserts in one night.
And more candles and singing, of course.




It was so fun running around the West Side with Abbie all evening,
chatting and being crazy and celebrating.

Thanks again, Abbie, for such a fun night and a great birthday!

16 comments:

Abbie said...

AHHHHH!!!! That was so much fun! So so so fun! I'm so glad this is our new tradition. And I love that you're wearing party lipstick and I'm wearing a party hat. We should make that a tradition too!

Lindsay said...

that is sooooo cute you brought candles everywhere you went. I need to start doing that....even when its NOT my birthday...

Happy birthday again!

Casey said...

Cute cute! You two are adorable. Happy birthday, and I love the lipstick!! A personal fave!

Amber and Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Angie! It looks like you are having LOTS of fun in New York. Live it up girl.

Sara said...

yay i love the red lipstick and birthday awesome-ness! and you are so nice about the invites... some are not so awesome but we had a few *interesting* clients to work with... i didn't even post the purple and teal one. it's a "view by special request only"

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!

Sheralee said...

LOVE the flaming red lipstick! :) I'm looking forward to seeing it live at our Thanksgiving feast haha. You and Abbie look like such cute friends! I love it. oh p.s. when are you driving back to northern utah after thanksgiving? I may want to hitch a ride if that's ok! We can discuss it when you come. love ya!

Sharla said...

Howdy Birthday Girl. I thought this was your party weekend and I am so glad you celebrated in such Style! I can't wait to meet Abby and party at the Cabin. She is a doll and you two are a great pair of friends!

Dayna said...

I love the red lipstick!!! Seriously, with that braid in your beautiful blonde hair and that red lipstick on those big lips you are a complete bombshell!!! Glad you had such an awesome birthday. And Abby sounds like one awesome friend too.

Emily said...

you gals are so cute! Happy Birthday!

Ryan and Donna said...

I love the candles in the Hamburgers! That was funny. Happy Birthday Ang.

Marci + Dan said...

Wear that lipstick all the time. It looks great on you! I just bought a super super bright shade :)

Happy Birthday! Love all the singing and candles and good food.

Lindsay Henderson said...

You can definitely rock the red lips sister...you should do that again you look gorgeous!! Glad to see you had a fabulous birthday, lovesXO

Katherine said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I LOVE your new tradition-- what a completely wonderful way to celebrate!

I also love your new glamorous look-- so fun and festive!!

Morgan said...

This looks like the most perfect night ever. How fun! I love the lipstick, and the braid, and Abbie's headband. You two are so cute! And you and all of these food pictures. You're making me hungry again. No really. My stomach just started growling.

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday! I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who shamelessly embraces dessert all day long as part of the birthday festivities. I am so envious of all the delicious treat options you have there!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I wanted to find this post now that I'm on a roll and tell you that you look SO BEAUTIFUL in that lipstick. You should definitely wear it a lot. Gorgeous.