Saturday, November 14, 2009

wrapping up...

I've dragged out posting pictures of Dave and Kaylene's visit because doing it all at once was overwhelming and this week has been quite busy. And it was such a great weekend I want to drag it out as long as possible. But this is the last post. Please excuse even more Central Park pictures. We just love it there.






We went back to the park on Sunday to see Belvedere Castle and wander through The Ramble, enjoying the sound of leaves crunching under our feet. No raccoon sightings this time, just beautiful weather (mid-60's!) and beautiful leaves.




On Monday morning we took the ferry out to the Statue of Liberty. Kaylene thought ahead and reserved tickets for us to go up to the pedestal, including walking through the museum inside. It was really neat!



It was windy.


Up close and personal with Lady Liberty. This is the view from the pedestal.


We also made a stop at Ellis Island and went inside the museum there.



I hate asking people to take pictures for me. Rarely do they do a good job of framing. Where is the bridge? Oh well.


Later we found an exceptional Thai place near the Brooklyn Bridge. Some of the tastiest coconut curry I've had!


Went to SoHo to walk through a few shops and appreciate the beautiful architecture and cobblestone streets.


And finally, we went to Burger Joint, and determined that Shake Shack's burger is not only $1.50 cheaper, but it tastes better too. Also the shakes can't be beat. Sorry, Burger Joint. We may have stopped at Shake Shack on the way home from Burger Joint to grab an FHE treat.

10 comments:

Abbie said...

I love your picture of the baggage room at Ellis Island. So good.

Mills Family said...

Really great time with your in-laws I can tell!! So much fun!

Sydna Graf said...

I have a different view of Central Park now that I've seen all of your picts. My stereotype has been that it is full of rats and murderers! I've never been there when I've visited New York. Now I'll have to go. I also want to spend a day at the Met and see Ellis Island, but for now I'm grateful to see your picts.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sydna about Central Park; my fantasy of it has completely changed. I also think it might be worth it to go to New York just to get a shake from the Shake Shack. It's made an appearance on this blog so often and always makes me want a milkshake.

Sara said...

ok i know this is completely and totally immature but i just got out of primary - consequently i have the mind of a five year old. you looked up lady liberty's dress! he he he. ok i'm done.

emily kate said...

I thought we were the only people in NY who didn't love Burger Joint. We thought it was totally overrated. The Shake Shack, on the other hand.... My my stomach is growling! By the way you are so lucky your husband is so willing to be your photo subject! Jacob will indulge me very so often but usually pulls faces. I love seeing all your pictures. Makes me feel like I'm not missing out one everything.

Sharla said...

What Beautiful people! Love, love, love the pictures!

Katherine said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Angie, I can't believe this -- I know your in-laws!!! (So Klane, I know your mom and dad!) Here I've been reading (and commenting on) your blog for the past couple of months, not realizing that you're part of THE Harding/Porter Family--WOW! (Actually, I haven't been able to follow my favorite blogs for the past 3-4 weeks because life got so crazy-busy, and now I'm catching up on yours only to discover that I know your in-laws!) Kaylene is one of THE most amazing, kind, brilliant and talented women EVER! (She would remember me as Kathy Phillips from our school days. When I was in 5th grade, she was my buddy/mentor because she was an older, wiser and more important 6th grader!!) Dave's little sis, Teresa, and I were in the same class from 7-12th grade. What an absolute doll and amazing family. Of course you already know all that! And then there's Klane's incredible Aunt Monette... and his brilliant, spiritual giant-of-a-man--Grandpa Larry Porter-- one of my FAVORITE BYU Religion Professors... The list goes on and on.

Angie, what is your email address? This comment is getting way too long!!

Katherine said...

Btw, gorgeous fall and family photos! What a great little reunion you all had-- such fun and uplifting adventures!

Angie said...

Katherine, how crazy you know our family!! Awesome. Mh email is angiemharding at gmail dot com if you want to get in touch!