Sunday, November 1, 2009

saturday in the park

We've been so so busy lately. At the end of the workday all I can think of is getting to bed to prepare for the next workday, and by the time the weekend comes we just feel like chilling out and taking time to breathe. I wish I had more time to take pictures, do exciting things, and blog about all of it. There just isn't as much time as there used to be. Working full time will do that to you.

But, we did have a really nice, relaxing Halloween weekend. I realized too late all the cool things going on around the city on Halloween, so we missed out on all the events. But we rented a movie Friday, slept in Saturday, ate banana pancakes, went for a beautiful run in the park, took long naps, and went back to the park to try to capture the breathtakingly beautiful fall leaves. The pictures do not do it justice.




Oh my, I find him very very cute.











I think he's lookin real cute these days. His hair's getting longer and I think it's just adorable.
I love this guy.


Also this weekend, we went to a very fun Halloween party hosted by Marci and Dan. It was fun getting together with friends from our awesome ward and seeing everyone's costumes. When we got home we ate candy and video-chatted with family in Utah who were celebrating Kaylene's birthday (it's on Halloween). I miss our family right now. But we are excited to have Dave and Kaylene visit this weekend, and then two weeks later we're headed HOME for Thanksgiving!!!! I can hardly wait.

12 comments:

naomi megan. said...

oh my gosh these photos are breathtaking. you're making me miss it. and you take such beautiful photos of the city....

Anonymous said...

Wow! You definitely don't see anything like that here in Arizona. I'm jealous of it all until it get cold...that I'm not jealous of.

Gaskin Girl said...

Um, I think I'm in love with the picture of the lampposts. Seriously. In. Love.

Abbie said...

What are you doing awake?

I love these pictures! Love them!

and THANK YOU AGAIN FOR MY BEAUTIFUL DOOR!!! I freaking LOVE your guts!

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Love those leaves. You are too creative for you`re own good. For real, you rock that camera!

Sara said...

aruba. jamaica. cocomo?!?!
we can't stop talking about it.

Sharla said...

Wow!! Love the pictures and Thank you for the late night i-chat and help with my computer. You are a sweety and full of talents you share so willingly. I made your pumkin pancakes and they were really yummy! I am heading to your food blog today to get some more great ideas. Love ya!

Sheralee said...

Your pictures are gorgeous!! I wish there were still fall leaves left here to enjoy. :) And I'm excited for Thanksgiving!!!

Ryan and Donna said...

Klane is getting wild out there in New York with him growing his hair out and all. I love the pictures you take Angie! You really have a talent for picture taking. Awesome sense of what would make a great picture.

Speaking of working full time, I have always been amazed at your father for how long his work days are and yet he still finds a way to serve in the Church, fulfill his fatherhood duties at home, make time for your mom, and somehow make time for vacations, and then its right back to work for him. I got tired just typing that.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Such gorgeous pictures, Ang! Central Park never gets old, does it? So pretty. And is that Klane I see holding the camera bag? Such a good husband.

Morgan said...

Pretty, pretty. I love fall. I love leaves. I love these pictures. My favorite is the one of you with that leaf. Seriously?! That thing is huge.

Mitzi said...

Aw Angie, love your pictures!!! It's time to go to bed, I hope I'll have sweet dreams about fall in NY :)