Monday, November 16, 2009

holiday lovin

I'm excited for winter, more specifically the holidays. We got our puffy down coats. I'm now the owner of several scarves. And I got a 30% off coupon for Gap/Old Navy and went crazy this weekend stocking up on sweaters. Lots and lots of sweaters.


(Happy birthday to me! That is my excuse.)


I look at them and envision myself wearing them, curled up on the couch at the cabin at Sundance drinking hot chocolate, or gathered with the family in Cedar City for Thanksgiving dinner (wearing red lipstick, Erin :), or on Christmas morning eating pancakes at my parents' house. Sigh... in Utah.

Every night for the last five days I've had dreams that I was in Utah over Thanksgiving or Christmas break. In my dreams I'm so happy! I can't wait. We leave one week from Wednesday!! I cannot wait!

10 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Gotta love those charitable purchases! And I didn't realize you were going to be in Cedar for Thanksgiving, too! With the Hatches, though, right? My family isn't coming down but Matt and I will be at Steph's and it'd be fun to see you if it could work out :-) I bet it's starting to get hard to concentrate on anything else but the countdown! Nothing compares to being home for the holidays.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheralee said...

I have been absolutely craving some new sweaters!! I'm glad you got some new ones. And I'm excited for you to come too!!! I feel like it's been ages since I've seen you. Oh and ps I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but I LOVE your scarves. I only have one but I was inspired to wear it by you!

Anonymous said...

I'm jeaous of your sweaters and I'm jealous that you get to be in Utah for Thanksgiving. I hope you guys have a great time!
(PS No I did not know your older bother served in Jimmy's mission! That's awesome.)

Abbie said...

I love sweaters! That sale was awesome. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up when we're in Utah. I need to meet your mom!

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Casey said...

Cute cute sweaters. Gap and Old Navy are rocking it this year with cute styles! And PS--I'm jealous you get to go home for Tgiving!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Just had to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it's been a great one :-) Can't wait to see how you celebrated it in the city.

*Also, I just saw that I wrote Hatches in that first comment. Definitely meant Heaps, down in Hatch :-) That's what I get for reading blogs at midnight!

Sharla said...

Sooooo excited to see you in just a few days now!!! Hooray for the Holidays and Angie and Klane visiting. We will have everyone but Justin!

Katherine said...

Fun and cozy sweaters! Perfect for the holidays and beyond. Don't you just love those 30%-off coupons?!? I always love a good bargain.