Wednesday, November 11, 2009

day one with dave and kaylene

Dave and Kaylene left yesterday morning. We were sad to see them go! We had such a fun and relaxing weekend with them. We ate at a lot of delicious restaurants, enjoyed great conversation, laughed a lot, went to Shake Shack twice and Central Park three times. The weekend was definitely a success.

Here are some pictures from day one, last Friday. We hit Midtown, Central Park, the Met during the day, and Harlem in the evening. Thanks Kaylene for letting me steal some of your pictures!









We went to the park almost every day. It's probably my favorite place in the city, and you have to take advantage of the fall leaves!



We took Dave and Kaylene to see where Klane works, so of course we stopped at St. Patricks and Rockefeller since they're next door.


Always fun to stop at FAO Schwartz. We really almost played the big piano. We just felt bad about pushing little kids out of the way to do it.


The Apple Store was a must-see.


And if you walk right past Crumbs, you pretty much have to stop and grab a cupcake (or two) for the road, right?





Also a must-see, The Metropolitan Museum of Art.


Not pictured:
Lunch at THE best Halal food cart in Midtown (on 53rd and 6th, southeast corner). Yes the street carts are different, yes this one is the best.
Going to see This Is It, the Michael Jackson movie, at our theater in Harlem. The movie was so good! Highly recommended.
Dinner at Zoma, the ethiopian restaurant down the street. So unique, so delicious!

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Oh, I want to come right now and have some more fun with you guys. I miss you!
So glad Dave and Kaylene had such a great time!

Abbie said...

Sharla, I want you to come back right now too! We could go get doughnuts!

Angie, I love your family. And you, of course.

Mills Family said...

Hey, thanks for getting me Sheralee's phone number the other day. We met up and I was able to get ahold of some really beautiful violin music! Sheralee is super talented huh! I love her resourses! She always has lots of music to choose from. Hey, these NYC pics are awesome with your mom and dad in-law! fun! fun! fun!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I am a word much more intense than jealous that you get to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I could live in a good art museum.

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I love crumbs cupcakes they are the best! Angie Mike and I want to come visit he has never been to New York and I have a good friend living there now too. So just plean on us coming to say hey sometime!!