Thursday, November 12, 2009

sometimes i love new york

On Saturday we went downtown. We had goals. Doughnuts. Pizza. Shopping. USS New York. Shake Shack.

We managed to accomplish all our goals with time to spare. We even had time to catch the BYU game that night!




Doughnut Plant. Would it be wrong to say my life has changed for the better since experiencing this place? I think it has.



Walked through Chinatown. It's very cool to pop out of the subway and suddenly feel like you're in a different country.



Skipped the 45 minute line at Lombardi's and enjoyed authentic Italian style pizza at L'asso down the street.

(Went shopping along Canal Street.
Scarves! Bags! Hats! Cheap! Cheap! Cheap!
I love Chinatown.)



(notice the new scarf which was not present in first photos. thanks kaylene. i love you.)

Made a stop to see the USS New York. Parts of the ship were built using steel from the World Trade Center. It was very cool to see.

Afterward we headed to Shake Shack for a delicious dinner. Then Brandon was kind enough to video chat us the BYU game. Thanks Brandon!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Really, when are we going to go get doughnuts.

Sara said...

I'm with abbie. You should maybe bring some when you come to visit in TWO WEEKS :D I think you guys should stay at our apartment ;)

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

GENIUS to use video chat to watch the BYU game! Matt and I have been going through some serious withdrawals not being front and center at a BYU/Air Force game every single Saturday. Good thing they're making it easy for us by just playing each other next Saturday when we're in town! Anyway, love the scarf, and your in-laws are adorable :-)

Krystyna said...

Hey did you know there's a Costco in Manhattan now? Woo hoo! http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/manhattan_bulks_up_costco_style_dAgbX5mYbVVHIWHpj8CNoJ

Angie said...

Yes I knew about Costco but I didn't know when it was opening! I'm soooo excited now! Thanks for telling me!! I think our Friday night date might have to be a trip to Costco. :)

Mills Family said...

I gotta stop reading your blog when I'm hungry!! Very bad!! Now I gotta go into my kitchen and find something to stuff myself with. The only bad thing is that I won't be finding any NEW YORK CITY doughnuts, ...or awesome flat cool style pizza, ...no, no, ...i will find a left over pancake from this morning. I will just pretend it is something yummy from your blog. Mind over matter baby!