Wednesday, April 15, 2009

our new place!

Many of you already know, but we found the perfect apartment in New York. I am so excited. In all my searching I was only comparing other apartments to this one that I had seen on Naomi's well-known blog. When she announced she was moving I thought, if only they were leaving at the end of April, we could just take their apartment, and then when I found out they were subletting through April there was a spark of hope. We exchanged many emails, I got in touch with the rental company and voila! Perfect apartment!



photos courtesy of Naomi

Let me tell you why I love it.

Painted walls. Recently renovated. Exposed brick. Beautiful cabinetry. Stainless steel appliances. A dishwasher(!!!). Great location. Close to two parks (Morningside and Central Park). 2.7 miles from the temple. One block from subway station. Great ward.

I'm excited to move in and make it our own. Who knows, maybe we'll become rockstars...

13 comments:

Harries Family said...

I am so excited for you and Klane. Wow New York! What a great opportunity for you guys. You found an awesome apartment also. I am in the same boat as you. I am trying to find a place in California for my gang...and a home that is not too expensive in a good area. I bet New York is crazy expensive also. Good luck!

Mallory said...

I LOVE THIS. A LOT. Perfect fit for you if you ask me! Love the kicthen. I'm so happy you found something!!

theRach said...

It's gorgeous -- good work, Ang! I'll miss you but I'm so excited for you. :)

Alyssa/Jo said...

That place looks great! Oh and you are already a rock star!! Seriously! I'm excited for you 2. I'm not excited for whatever you find in my teeth today :(

Calee said...

Ooh, I like it! How fun- I can just see you guys hanging out and heading for a stroll in Central Park :)

Dayna said...

It is AMAZING! Sounds like everything is just falling perfectly into place for you guys- so happy and excited for you and your upcoming adventure! You are going to have so much fun!

Lizzy said...

Angie, your new apt is SO adorable! The brick wall is so NY, I just love it! You guys are going to have such a blast! Thanks a bunch for those awesome treats from the other day... they were so yummy!

Dawson & Stacie + 4 little fellers said...

ANG LOVE IT! I am so happy for you guys!! Thats so awesome to have a place of your own in NYC! I love the colorful walls, It just looks like your new little home and I love it!!

Sydna Graf said...

Living in BYU housing has prepared you to live in a small NYC apartment! BYU prepares you for all sorts of life experiences. Seriously, it looks like a great place and a great location. If you can take our pict. when you come back in May that would be wonderful! Curt and I will be gone the 15-24, but maybe before that.

Marci + Dan said...

Hi Angie. We are subletting our apartment this summer, leaving two beds (Naomi's old one and our Queen sized day bed) and will be taking our old bed with us. Sorry :)

But we are moving within the ward boundaries so we look forward to meeting you.

A "cheery" disposition said...

How exciting. I love her apartment and blog.. i have been smitten over her apartment ever since I saw pictures of it. Your a lucky girl.

emily kate said...

You'll love it! Good luck with the move!

Ashleigh said...

NO WAY! That is awesome! I LOVE her blog! How cool for you guys. You are going to have such a fun adventure! I can't wait to read it all. Have safe travels and good luck on all of your exams!