Saturday, April 11, 2009

a rainy saturday and a bit of news


i somehow forgot about the beautiful spring blossoms that take over the trees for a few weeks every year. it was a pleasant surprise when they showed their faces this week. taking photos today seemed like a good excuse to procrastinate studying for anesthesia boards (a week away) just a little longer.



this rainy saturday began with a trip to the temple with klane and the bishopric, including a new member who'll be replacing him starting tomorrow! exciting for them. a little sad for us, since we've loved serving in the singles ward. for the rest of the day (and probably into the wee hours of tomorrow morning) klane will be at the ad lab working with a team on a huge project for VW.

and a bit of news: i found a board patient! her name is carmen and we are going to be great friends. brooke was scheduled to clean her teeth and kindly handed her over to me. i haven't bought her a plane ticket to NY yet; first i'm seeing her on tuesday to check her teeth with the NERB forms in hand and make sure everything checks out. thank you for all your thoughts and prayers on my behalf! heavenly father seems to be smiling down on me; things are working out.

now if only i can quit surfing NYC blogs (i found a new one that is great) and get to studying already!

8 comments:

Sara said...

YAY for board patients! and if you feel like hanging out, come over. Mike hurt his leg playing rugby today so we are currently immobile ;)

Christine said...

i haven't studied much either. kinda scary that it's in one week!

k. said...

Oh my, exciting for you! Good luck with your move, and here's an early welcome to Manhattan. You'll love it. Where are you living? Please reach out if you need any help. It's an overwhelming change for anyone. :)

Sydna Graf said...

Congrats on the board patient. I bet she is excited for a NYC trip. When you come back out to visit sometime, I will have to see if you have time to take some family picts. of us. You have a great talent with the camera.

Casey said...

Oh man. I share your same NYC blog obsession. I'm living the experience through other New Yorkers until I can get out there and live it myself! I feel like such a stalker, but let's be honest, I can't help myself!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I envy your photo taking capabilities and your teeth cleaning ones too! I'm excited to have your skills used on me on Wednesday!

Krystyna said...

Do you read the Rockstar Diaries? She is another Mormon Manhattan blogger and SO stinking cute!

http://taza-and-husband.blogspot.com/

But actually, I just realized that they just moved to DC last week. Shoot haha. Anyway, she has TONS of amazing posts about NYC that you will have to peruse through :)

Angie said...

haha it's funny you would suggest them! i do read them in fact, we are moving into their apartment since they moved to DC! funny, small world. i love their blog, it is awesome!