Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Angie's must-have Utah County food

Cafe Rio. At first I wasn't that excited to go since I've had it a million times, but when I tasted it I remembered how truly amazing it is. I'd forgotten how good it is. Long live the sweet pork salad with cilantro ranch! And those homemade tortillas? And the salmon tacos? It's all so yummy.




The Chocolate dessert cafe. Cupcakes were okay (we thought the cupcakes we made for the shower were better), but the shop was adorable. A very fun place to sit and chat with girlfriends over cupcakes. And they have much more than just chocolate.






Spread the word: Farr's has officially replaced Hello Yogurt as my new favorite self-serve yogurt place. (Dear Sara: Go there. Immediately.) More flavors, more toppings, more YUM!


Lunch at Pizza Factory in Lindon with my mom and mom-in-law. Nothing better than discussing womanhood over a tower of those fantastic breadtwists. Ahhh, the breadtwists.


Lunch with the girls from work at Smoking Apple BBQ in Lindon. Possibly Lindon's best-kept secret. That place rocks. And even though they've raised their prices, they're still way inexpensive.

Kneaders. Twice. Once with Mike and Sar, once with mom on the way out of town. How could I forget this place? It is really truly amazing. Their wide variety of breads are all so good, their sweets are decadent, and their sandwiches and soups are delicious. I love that place. Favorites include Classic Turkey on Focaccia (love that Kneaders sauce) and the creamy Artichoke Portobello soup. I am salivating.


Sushi at Shoga in Orem. Yyyyyyum.




6 comments:

emily kate said...

Utah County really has good food! Vegas has good (expensive) food on the strip but otherwise we haven't found nearly as many fun places as in Utah County, and of course it doesn't hold a candle to Vegas! Kneaders is my Utah Co. go-to. I get the classic turkey on French Country (sourdough) every time I'm in town! It looks like you had a really fun trip!

Katherine said...

Yay-- you posted again! I've really missed reading about your many adventures and discoveries-- whether in the Big Apple or Happy Valley (and vicinity)! It looks like you had such a blast and that you made the MOST of every single minute. You and your mom are just the cutest mom-daughter team! You really look more like sisters though.

Abbie said...

I'm trying to skinny down! Why did you have to do this?:) now I'm hungry.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Love being home! Glad you had such a great trip, Ang :-) Kneaders and Pizza Factory both sound so yummy right now...

Sara said...

how did we miss farr's?? DANG IT. when are you coming back again? :)

Jennifer said...

I've wanted to visit this area for a while now, but this just makes me want to even more! That food just looks so amazing. I'm glad you had such a fun (delicious) time.