Friday, March 5, 2010

News from Utah

I've been in Utah for just one day and it's already been such fun! I receIved a warm welcome, complete with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from dad waiting in my room!



It started snowing as soon as we arrived at my parents house, and kept on for 24 hours. Now THIS is snow! I love it.






Michelle came up and together we started working on decorations for the baby shower. Have you ever heard of a diaper cake? I hadn't, and I was a little skeptical when my mom told me we were going to make one. But man it turned out awesome! I'm converted. Here's a sneak peek. This shower is going to be SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to take pictures of it.




I had to take a few cute pictures of my dad shoveling snow this morning. I love my dad. He's so cute.



8 comments:

Dayna said...

i bet it feels so good to be home!!! how long are you in town for?

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

So fun to be home! That diaper cake looks adorable, and I'm DYING to see how the shower turns out. It sounds like it's going to be amazing! I'll be stalking your blog for pictures on Sunday, by the way. And PS-I LOVE that picture of your gazebo covered in snow. So many fun times in that backyard :-)

Casey said...

UTAH!! It's so beautiful out there. You're lucky to be back!

ps we missed you last night at dinner. next weekend, next weekend...

Sarah said...

Welcome back! I can't remember where in Utah you're from, but if it's anywhere like here (Sandy) all the snow is melted by now! Which makes me happy. :) Sorry. California girl. Anyway, have fun!

Oh, and my cousin made me a diaper cake for my shower last year and it was so cute! And practical - which is the best.

Morgan said...

I'm happy to hear that you got to Utah safely! Your dad was so sweet to give have flowers wating for you. I have heard of diaper cakes before but I've got to say that I have never seen one as cute as that. If that is any indication of what the shower will be like, I can tell that it is going to be absolutely adorable! I'm dying to see pictures. Showers are so much fun! I cannot get over all of that snow! You're so right. Now that is what I call real snow.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Utah!

Katherine said...

Those roses are so beautiful (what a sweet dad)! The diaper cake is so pretty-- great job! Wow. The snow photos are magical. You do know how to capture the beauty in just about everything.

Can't wait to see your shower photos-- I'm sure that will be such a fun and amazing event. Have a blast with your family and friends in Utah!

Sharla said...

Welcome Home Angie!! Wow, if we keep this pace up, we will wear ourselves out in a week. What an amazing weekend filled with fun, family and special events! We love having you with us.

Yelena said...

hard to imagine snow, when it's been like 60 here in Missouri!
have a great time in Utah! :D