Saturday, October 10, 2009

hair story

I finally found someone to do my hair. She's in the singles ward and she is an amazing colorist. Yay for LDS networking. Aubrey likes making things look very natural, which is great. She matched my color really well and toned it down a bit so I'll be able to make it till Christmas without it looking too horrendous.

I guess she does hair for a large portion of the Manhattan LDS singles, or so it appeared. Four other girls were there the same time as me to have something or another done. It was very reminiscent to hang out with a bunch of single people for a few hours. Oh, the memories. Her roommates all ate cereal for dinner. I forgot how often I did that when I lived with roommates! It was fun to listen to all the gossip of the LDS singles scene in the city.

And I'm really grateful I'm not single anymore. It sounds kind of exhausting.

I had to lay on the counter, which was kind of awesome and funny, so we took pictures.


(don't you love their green cabinets? I think they're fun.)

Klane took this after picture of me with my highlights.


And then I took this one of myself.

Sexy.

The end.

10 comments:

Abbie said...

Sexy indeed. I love that you're on a counter. Oh the joys of living in this city.

Sara said...

haha i love you. i think we will use the bottom pic for one of our still empty picture frames ;)

Sarah said...

That looks great! I just got mine done today too. Hadn't done it since June. Yikes! You look beautiful!

Andrea said...

So cute!!! The color looks awesome and you are so beautiful, holy cow! I like the leopard print over the oven haha. Thanks for the post :D

Sharla said...

One beautiful Lady! Love the new hair and you needed a little lift. It is getting so Long! Can't wait to see you in less than a week. Yipee!!!!!!!!!

Megan Cahoon said...

no it wasn't that episode. It was the one where they talked about hair and the reaction that people had after she revealed her real hair on the previous episode. you were in the front clapping. She had on black pants and a colorful top.

Katherine said...

The sacrifices we make for beauty...

Aubrey did a great job-- you look beautiful!

Mills Family said...

Love the color!!!!! So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? Getting your hair colored or done in any way when you know you really need it is so satisfying. It looks great!

pandorasbox said...

I had to laugh with the counter/kitchen counter chair...My youngest daughter is a hairdresser and she has done my hair so many times in the kitchen but I have never laid on the counter...LOL Your hair looks fabulous!