Wednesday, October 7, 2009

nie on oprah

I couldn't miss this today. So I'm watching the recording at my parents house, via video chat. Oh I love technology. And Stephanie Nielson. Watch it if you get a chance.



The Nielson's are such an inspiration. They're such a good example of a great marriage and family. Even after everything that's happened, they still love and care for each other more than ever. The way Christian looks at Stephanie melts my heart. And I am so inspired by their beautiful example of living the gospel. I really felt the spirit watching the show. As part of the segment they had another wife and mother spend a day with the Nielsons. She described the "energy" in their home. She said it was "peaceful, and warm, and everyone was happy, and it just felt good there." I said to my mom, "She's describing the Spirit!" I hope our home feels the same way. I want to be the kind of wife and mother Stephanie always has been. I want to have that same passion for homemaking and raising and loving my kids. Good thing I have great examples in both Klane's and my mom!

12 comments:

emily kate said...

I know, wasn't it amazing? I totally bawled, but that could be because pregnancy has turned me into a mush ball. I thought it was really incredible to see them in that setting, different than just reading her blog. It was so inspiring.

Krystyna said...

Amen, amen, amen. What an inspiration to us all!

Abbie said...

I bawled the whole time they were on. So good.

PS - loved the cookie picture. Oh! you make me laugh!!

Lindsay Henderson said...

I'm watching this as I type to you:) she's coming on next! I can't wait, she's such an inspirational woman with her testimony of the gospel and love for her husband and children!!

Lindsay said...

DANG! I wish I had TV! I would have liked to see that.

Angie said...

Just call my mom, maybe you could watch it via skype! Haha.

Sharla said...

That was an incredible experience! Then Dad and Brandon and I watched it again last night. Made Brandon think twice about his Junior High worries. Dad had it on the tv's at the office with the volumne up, but missed parts. (cause he was trying to work of course.) I loved how the show became about Mothering and not the tragic crash and change in their lives. Wow! Lets watch tv together again! Interesting to me how the longer you watch Nie Nie talk and interact with her family, the more you see her heart and not the scares. 1 Samuel 16:7, still one of my favorites, since i was a young girl.

Halfords said...

I watched it too! It totally made me cry. Especially during that segment with the other mom. I wondered if maybe she's had a chance to share the gospel with her when there weren't cameras everywhere. What a neat experience.

Megan Cahoon said...

ok so I'm at home sick watching the tyra show and you were totally on it haha. I had read your blog a few days ago about how you had gone to a tyra show but didn't think anything of it while i was watching it and it was going onto commercial and there you were just sitting there clapping and smiling. your famous!! just thought i would let ya know you were on tv

Alyssa/Jo said...

I need to find this and watch it! Her life makes me remember that I have it made. Congrats to Klane and his job. You 2 are so grown up! I love your blog and feel bad I can't post comments on everything. Always add 1 more comment on your comments, cuz I would add one if I had time! Thanks for always posting on mine ;)

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I am so sad. I had no idea this was on - I didn't read her blog until today!

Morgan said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you got a chance to watch it! I was worried that you wouldn't be able to. I had this same idea, but no one else at home has a webcam so it wouldn't have worked. I'll finally get to watch it in just a couple of hours. The anticipation is just about to kill me. I'm very excited!!!

I can't agree more about the incredible example that Nie is. Every single thing about her is just remarkable. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be like her.