Sunday, October 18, 2009

angie's family visits: day 3

I forgot the camera this day. Yet somehow we ended up with way more pictures. I attribute this to the ease of taking iPhone photos. We had a lot of fun though. Please excuse the obscene amount of photos on this post. I'm really sorry. I just can't help myself.

Started the morning at a bagel shop, wandered through the park, ran though the Museum of Natural History, hit the Shake Shack, shopped in Midtown, grabbed some Crumbs, then came home to watch the BYU game via video chat (thanks, Hardings!) and ordered in buffalo wings from the place around the corner. The day was a success. Enjoy.

I should clarify, half these pics were taken by my dad with his camera. Lest you give the iPhone camera too much credit. :)








my parents are way better at dipping than us.

but we laughed so hard trying to take these pictures, which was fun.




On to the Museum:




This is the part where Brandon and I speed-walked through the museum trying to see as much as we could in as little time as possible. It was hilarious and very fun. I'd recommend this as the best way to see a museum. Some nice person outside gave us two free tickets, so we actually took turns going in and taking a quick peek. We didn't feel the need to wait in the admission line since we didn't want to spend a lot of time in the museum anyway. Brandon and I just decided to make the very most out of our quick museum peek.







Well, at least we were amused.

Afterward we walked around the corner to the Shake Shack. Posing for pictures along the way.


And jumping over things. And being just silly.



(they're so cute.)

The Shake Shack was busy but the food was delicious as always.


(he's so cute.)



The Concrete Jungle, The Upper West Slide, and a personalized concoction of our own.



Me and my mom on our jaunt through Anthro. It's fun to just look at all the beautiful things. Usually we think they're too expensive to actually buy.


We went to H&M where we found some amazing purple velour mens pants and awesome hats. Brandon found some serious clothes too.


And of course we had to get some Crumbs cupcakes
(the best, in our humble opinion):



I had so much fun with my parents and Brandon here, I only wish they could've stayed longer! It was so fun to have a vacation for the weekend. Back to real life tomorrow!

14 comments:

Abbie said...

I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to meet them, and seeing these make it worse and then kinda better because now I feel like I went with you via picture tour.

a. I love that your parents will dip in Central Park.

b. your pictures are amazing, even the iphone pictures - teach me! I love the library pictures. Don't be surprised if i steal them. And I totally hear ya, when we're having a lot of fun - I don't take as many picture (but still manage to take a ton).

c. I love the picture of your parents sipping from the same cup. Now I know it's possible to be really cute, youthful, and fun even after raising 4 kids .

d. Love the picture of you looking out the window at the amhn. You are so beautiful!

e. this is getting so long. when are they coming back?

Sydna Graf said...

I'm so glad they got to visit. You really packed in a lot in a few short days. It's fun to see all your pictures.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Holy cow, I can't believe you blogged this already--and I'm still working on things that happened months ago! Haha. You win the Blogger of the Year award for sure.

It looks like you all had a fabulous time together and were able to fit a lot in! Your parents are too cute, and I can't believe how big Brandon is. Who told our little brothers they could grow up? Seriously. Also, I love New York in the rain and therefore love all of these pictures. Just saying :-)

Mills Family said...

Ditto...to all the comments! My favorite pics were...well all of them! But, i absolutely LOVED the shoes in the puddle with leaves! Very very very cool picture! Oh, so much fun with you fam!

Calee said...

Aww, Ang, it makes me feel kind of homesick for you just knowing that your fam leaves and it's back to reality! I love little escapes like this to be able to just enjoy each other. They seem to come too few and far in between.

Morgan said...

Ahhh it looks like you all had so much fun! Just look at how happy you all look! I mean I was having a good time just reading this, so I can only imagine. You did so many of my favorite things- Serendipity, Crumbs, the Museum of Natural History, Bryant Park, Anthropologie. So, so fun! I'm glad that you didn't take too many pictures because, like you said, it means that you were having a good time. But you still managed to get lots of great ones, enough to capture all of the sweet memories from your fun-filled weekend with the family. I'm so happy to see that you all had such a great time!

P.S. Love the picture of you by the window. So pretty!

Dayna said...

i bet that was the best!!!!!!! having family come to visit is the best thing ever. makes me miss my own parents and younger siblings at home reading these posts. oh and it makes me want a hamburger real bad.... and maybe a cupcake thrown in there too.

Katherine said...

WOW. Abbie stole the words right out of my mouth. Actually, DITTO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Angie, NEVER apologize for any of your photography! You have made a little workhorse out of that new iPhone of yours. Those pics of Bow Bridge were taken with that thing? Amazing.

I love the New York Public Library! FYI, I kinda like the little "green spots" on that candelabra-- very cool effect, Angie! (You should leave the UV filter on more often...) And the pigeon on the Empire State Building-- you have made it a little star. So cute.

What a fun and darling family you have! So glad you had such a wonderful time together!

BTW, that Klane can JUMP!!

Angie said...

Sorry to mislead, half those were taken with my parents camera. Betcha can't guess which ones! ( but the bow bridge ones were not the iPhone. :)

Ryan and Donna said...

Angie looks so 'New Yorkish' in these photos. Its growin' on ya' Ang! I wish I could've tagged along with your parents for the visit. Great pictures as always. You could seriously frame the bridge pictures. I always like the food pics. Its fun to live your adventures with you on this blog.

Lindsay Henderson said...

I love you and your family, so jealous. Your pictures turned out great on your iphone, who new...I'm currently salivating at 11:00 pm looking @ your burger, fries and shakes! Love it and love you, have a wonderful weekend!

Sharla said...

Oh Thank goodness for an on the ball daughter who already has memories up on the blog. We have looked at them several times and laughed and hugged and remembered our amazing visit. We have the best tour guides and place to stay in the entire City. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Mitzi said...

Ange, I haven't been to your blog in a while and you are AMAZING!!! You definitly know how to use a camera. So fun to see the Graf fam. at their best, you guys are great :) I'm telling Dr. G. I want to go to the Shake Shack next staff mtg.
and... Brad loves all of your cooking stuff!

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

Holy Moly! I want to be part of your family because of all the great pictures of food and fun! Not to mention that I love you all too! I kind of want to stow away in someone`s luggage and show up on your door step. Can I make reservations for 2 at the K&A B&B?