Monday, October 12, 2009

sunday with the whites

A lovely Sunday evening was spent with the White family. We met up at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine with Forrest, Abbie, their kids and Abbie's adopted mom Sallie + her son Logan. I'm so glad Abbie thought of going, I can't believe I hadn't been yet! The cathedral is only a couple blocks from our place, just a short walk through Morningside park. It is amazing! It was especially cool because there was a choir singing when we were there. Standing under the impossibly high ceilings, looking up at the stained glass while listening to this ethereal music was really amazing.

Afterward we walked across Columbia campus, then rode the train up to the Whites' and enjoyed an awesome home cooked Sunday dinner, complete with pot roast and mashed potatoes. Abbie is really a fabulous hostess. It was so fun meeting some of their good friends who also came, and chatting and laughing with everyone after dinner. Thanks Whites! We love you.



We came upon the cathedral from the back, and the sunset light was just lovely.








Klane was standing on this in the previous photo



Check out the video, you can hear the choir and see how huge the cathedral is inside


These are the Whites, minus Eli, who was playing on the stairs. Isn't Abbie just gorgeous?


Audrie. Too cute.


Columbia


Audrie on the subway. Obviously I can't help myself.


Abbie and Sallie with our awesome spread


She thinks of everything


BFF's ;)

8 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm almost tearing up over here looking at this post. AHHH!! You are an amazing photographer and you don't even think about it. I saw you take those pictures and it was like "aw, this is nothing" *snap*. Wow! I love your pictures. And I love the one with me and Sallie, and with me and you. It was so much fun! I love you! And I love Klane! And I love that you love my family so much! Seriously, how great is this? You rock! BFFs indeed!

Abbie said...

I just added a little cross blogging to my post. Hope you don't mind.

Katherine said...

Amazing photography, as usual! Looking at these pics, I feel as though I've been to Europe-- minus the jet lag. The cathedral/choir video is such a great touch. Thanks for sharing!

The Whites are an adorable family!

Lindsay Henderson said...

Your "skillz"(yes, the Z in skillz is very necessary)in photography are very impressive. You've grown so much in the last 1 1/2 years with how you use your camera, I'm so proud:) Your hair is beautiful, as you always are! Love ya, talk to ya soon!

Bryan, Taylor and Aspen said...

So amazing Angie! I don't understand how you do it! Love the pictures and love all the food! I think I'll go eat something right now to soothe the hunger pains from looking at your blog!

Morgan said...

This looks like such a perfect Sunday. Good friends, good food, and a beautiful sunny day. The pictures are absolutely stunning. I love every single one. Yes, Abbie is gorgeous, and so are you. And that little Audrie is just too cute for words!
I always love your posts. Each one makes me so happy:)

Sharla said...

What a great day and one to remember as one of the greats! Friends make all the difference and they are not by chance. Thanks Abbie for being you, and Angie we think you are amazing!

Dayna said...

that cathedral really is gorgeous!!! wow.

and yes abbie really is beautiful. and so are you. you make like the most beautiful best friend couple. seriously!