Friday, January 29, 2010

Guitarist at Lex/63rd Station

whoooosh!

Did you hear that? That was the sound of January flying past.

Where the heck did it go? I don't know, but I think we got some pretty good things done this month, so I'm happy. Aren't you? January was fun.

I was treated to some bluesy guitar tunes while waiting for the train home yesterday. Wait for his fun little riff about halfway through the video.




It was COLD today! Really really cold. After walking half a block this morning I could feel the inside of my nose start to freeze. It really feels like winter out there! I'm glad our space heater is being put to good use.

And I'm sorry for all the subway posts. And the camera phone posts. What can I say? I work. I commute. I don't lug a large camera around with me on these daily ventures. Maybe I should. Sometimes I'm walking along and I see something and I envision the photo that I would take of it and how great it would look - if I had my camera. (It's just so heavy!)

7 comments:

Sharla said...

oh so fun to see NYC thru your eyes!

Emily said...

Angie, THANKS A BILLION for those photo links, I will have to check them out. I've just been so frustrated lately with red eye and blurriness and such. I play around with settings but just kind of guess. That Pioneer Woman is great for so many things!

Enjoy that cold weather! Hope you get to cuddle up and have some hot chocolate on a day like this.

Abbie said...

I love that tile. Side note.

I love all the subway posts. It's such a unique place. Something I've gotten so used to, but at times I'm like "what the? this is crazy?"

And you have mad skills with the phone camera. Really. You are a true photographer if you can make phone pictures look that good.

I can't wait to hang out with you! AHHHH!!!

Abbie said...

PS - I'm so HAPPY you and Lindsay are friends! I love when friends are friends, ya know? Seeing her comment made me smile.

Yelena said...

don't worry - i like these posts - it's like living in NY through you! :)

Katherine said...

Love all your posts and photos-- camera phone or the Real McCoy camera!! It just means that when you DO treat us to your amazing, spectacular photography, we reeaally appreciate it. You're just keepin' it real.

I agree about January-- zap! It's over.

Fun guitar tunes. Doesn't it amaze you how most people walk by a performer like that and don't even bat an eye? Big city attitudes...

Liz & Zac said...

I love all of your adventures! I would be doing the exact same thing. And to answer your questions yes, a lot of our laundry is Gracie, but for some reason we still have alot! And yes, some of my loads of laundry i have to put on XS setting :) but i still need to stay on top of it!