Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A rainy, happy Sunday

We got a call on Sunday morning telling us our speaking assignment had been postponed for a week! Perfect!

It was a fun day at church. My lesson on the Fall of Adam and Eve went well. The students liked my brownies. After church we had a ward Linger Longer. The activities committee leaders in our ward are this awesome, cool, energetic couple who have really made the ward activities great in the 6 months they've been in the ward. This Sunday we had a cereal bar with tons of different types of cereal.


So simple yet so fun! (One of my favorite moments of church was during announcements when the bishop clarified that the 'cereal bar' was actually a buffet with cereal, not just a lonely little Nutrigrain bar on a table.)


Klane helped Ibrahim, one of our cute students, with some schoolwork before we headed home.


I sat on the windowsill and watched the rain. It was a great Sunday at church!



To see more of the Harlem 1st Ward, check out our ward activities blog!

11 comments:

Caitlin said...

Wow...it's so cool how that one picture of looking out your window made it so real to me...You're living in New York!! So neat:) Thanks for your input on the Bachelor...so comforting knowing I have fellow watchers out there! Hey one of these days will you leave a comment with your cell #?? or somehow let me know what your number is without it being so public! I miss you Ang:) I'd feel better knowing that I could text you when I wanted ha ha...love you cait:)

Abbie said...

we did the same thing on our first sunday! i knew i was going to love our ward after they fed me cereal.

i miss you!

emily kate said...

Now I'm Harlem-sick. :( Our new ward is no fun at all.

Dayna said...

fun!! and how many different cereals does klane have in that bowl?? that combination had me a little worried. but i can hardly blame him... who can pass up reeses peanut butter puffs??? seriously.

Katherine said...

That is such a GREAT feeling when you get a call like that (unless, of course, you're TOTALLY prepared and eager to speak, haha)!!

I like the sound of "Linger Longer"--kinda like "Munch-n-Mingle"--fun! I love the idea of a cereal bar-- how EASY is that?!? (Although we obviously know that Mrs. Harding could whip up some gourmet muffins, Blueberry Buckle, etc. in no time at all...)

Cute pic of Klane with that potpourri of cereal! I think a mere Nutrigrain bar would've really disappointed him. How kind of him to tutor Ibrahim.

Sharla said...

Gotta love Cold Cereal and especially with so much variety. That would be a real treat for anyone. I loved looking at the Harlem blog and think those two Activity Chair people are really magnifying thier callings. What a great blessing to everyone in our Ward Family!

Ryan and Donna said...

What an awesome experience you are having back East. I love the church out in the mission field. The members are required to exercise great faith to join the Church. Your pictures took me back 12 years ago and remind me of my experience in Connecticut.

Yelena said...

looks like a fabulous sunday!
:)
i like the idea of cereal presented buffet style! creative! will have to check out this ward blog! :)

Liz & Zac said...

My first thought of the "cereal bar" was "oh cool, they made cereal bars!" then I read on. Super fun and way unique! I will have to do that sometime with our ward. Im so jealous that you getting rain right now and not snow. :( Rain makes for such a peaceful relaxing sunday, i love it.

Angie said...

Haha, yeah, Klane and I both had quite the cereal cocktails going on. Who knew Honey Bunches of Oats, Reeses Puffs, Frosted Mini Wheats and Cinnamon Toast Crunch would all go so great together?!

Ashleigh said...

What a fun ward! You really are having such fun experiences that you will always cherish, even if it is hard to be away from family right now!