Saturday, January 9, 2010

Utah Highlights

You may never realize how much you love something until you leave it. Living somewhere so different from Utah has made me appreciate where I'm from, and realize all the things I love about it. While in Utah we squeezed in as much as we could, trying to get our fill of the things we miss about living there. Here are some cell phone pictures of what we love in Utah and fun things we did there.

The beautiful mountains and wide open spaces.


Cafe Rio, of course


Regular snow storms and tons of snow! Snow that actually sticks around, builds up and gets deep!

This picture is from a drive in the canyon, and it reminded me of another thing I miss: driving in cars! Taking whatever route you want to your destination, leaving and arriving whenever you want.

Hello Yogurt (we made a trip during a blizzard). I have a history with Hello Yogurt. Sara and I have a history with Hello Yogurt, which the boys get pulled into. And Dave and Kaylene came along for the ride too. :)



The babies. All the nieces and nephews. All the family.


A trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple with the family. So great to be there together.



The Pie pizzeria after the temple. Haven't had pizza like this in NYC! It's a different style and it was delicious. (The root beer was so good. Ahh... root beer.)






JCW's for burgers, fries and fry sauce. YUM. Thank you, Utah, for fry sauce. And those char-broiled burgers really are one of a kind. We haven't found a similar burger place in the city. (Klane also made sure to visit Apollo Burger while in Utah.)



Macey's soft serve with Mike and Sara, and then hanging out at their place. Just like the good old days!






Our visit to Utah was so great. It was so wonderful to spend time with our family. It was almost like we never left! We love and miss all of you, and can't wait till our next visit! In the meantime, here's our open invitation for everyone to come visit us and see our second home, here in NYC.

10 comments:

Christine said...

ahhh! i love jcw's. i'm crazy about their chicken fingers. and the pie. if it weren't sunday, i'd get in my car right now and go get some!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Hold on! I know Sara from somewhere! I can't figure out how I know her, but I definitely know her...

And I love The Pie also, and Nate loves JCW's!

Abbie said...

AHHH!!! I love all of those things ALL OF THEM! And I totally took them for granted when we lives there. Great post. When I'm homesick, I'm come here to look at this post.

McKenzie... said...

This post is EXACTLY what my post on Christmas would be if I actually posted. Aaahh I miss Utah so much. When we go home we ALWAYS go to cafe rio (maybe 2 or 3 times), JCW's, the pie, Texas roadhouse and wingers. Utah just can't be beat!

Lindsay said...

Whoa you make Utah look more exciting than NYC!

Morgan said...

Ok now, Angie, you're making me miss Utah. I've never even been to Utah! Through your words and pictures, you've got me feeling like I've been there before. Great post. You've obviously convinced me that Utah is amazing. So many fun things to do. I'll definitely have to do all of them whenever I get a chance to go to Utah.

And I seriously gasped when I saw that first picture. It's soooo gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You are in really big trouble. You seriously came to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and didn't tell us? Did you know we live less than a mile from the front door? I am sad.

Katherine said...

Such fun memories! I love how so many of your highlight moments include such small and simple things. So cool.

Love your way of thinking. We ALSO went to The Pie pizzeria right after going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House last summer! Good call.

Those Macey's ice cream prices must seem surreal after living in NYC as long as you have!

Sharla said...

We know how to pack in a full schedule and play hard! So glad you made it all happen but saved a few things for March when you come out. We are going to start the planning now!!

Raquel said...

Yay! I'm going to Utah in less than two weeks and your pictures are making me excited! It's so visually beautiful!

I'll be staying in Draper. Any must dos/see tips?