Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lunchtime Walks

I've been going for walks on my lunch break every day the past week. I can't believe I didn't start doing this sooner. There is so much to see and explore. I've walked mostly different places every day and seen new and interesting things each time. You can cover a lot of ground in 45 minutes! It's also nice to get out and move, rather than sitting inside being so sedentary.

The weather has been gorgeous lately, mid 40's to 50 degrees. I'm really starting to doubt all the horror stories I've heard about winter in New York. It hasn't been bad at all! (I've heard this is unusually mild weather, though.) Every day while I'm walking around with the sun on my face, I keep thinking "It is the middle of January. Seriously?!"

The past two days I've abandoned the gorgeous historic districts of the Upper East Side for the open spaces and sunshine in Central Park. Here are a few phone pictures from my walk today.


Cellist at Bethesda Fountain. He was good.


The Boathouse. Beautiful.



Someday I will eat here.


Alice in Wonderland statue near the Conservatory Water. A favorite with kids.


January sun over the partly-frozen Conservatory Water.

5 comments:

Sharla said...

Oh I recognize all of those sites! I miss NYC and mostly you! Now we are going to have to plan a little trip to see you again. Maybe just an extra long weekend. For now looking so forward to March and planning some fun outings here!

Anonymous said...

It's the same story here--everyone talking about how bad the winter will be and I'm still waiting for it... It's in the high 40s today I think.
Beautiful pictures as always! The boathouse is featured in the movie 27 Dresses. I love that movie.

Abbie said...

Oh, I love cental park. It really is so beautiful!

Katherine said...

Good for you! Nothing like a brisk lunchtime stroll through CP to get a little fresh air and some sunshine (and the "sunshine vitamin"--Vitamin D). You really are so lucky to be having temps in the 40-50 range. Fun pics!

Yelena said...

I love that first image.. :)
have a fabulous weekend dear! :)