Thursday, January 28, 2010

SNOW!!!!

I looked out the window this morning and saw snow falling! I was unbelievably excited! Not just wimpy flurries either, we're talking big, fat, fluffy snowflakes, and lots of them! It reminded me of home and made me so happy. I really miss the snow! I took some pictures on the way to work.


A view of a Harlem street corner, on my walk to the subway.



On Park Ave. The pictures don't do it justice, it was really really snowing!


Excuse the no-hair look and the squinting from trying to keep snow out of my eyes. But I was happy!



A couple photos from the window at work. All my coworkers knew just how thrilled I was about the snow.

And after an hour or two, it stopped. By lunchtime the skies were blue and it was back up in the mid 40's. I even still took a lunchtime walk!

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Fun pics! I love your "little girl" excitement over the snow! Yeah, on the Today Show they showed some cool aerial shots looking down at the plaza and Matt Lauer commented on how the snow was like popcorn-- flying up and down and all around! It looked like snow globe snow! He and Al needed their fedoras.

Too bad Tuesday couldn't have been a legitimate "snow day" for you, Angie!

Angie said...

Yeah, it really was pretty snow, and it would've been really coming down around the time Today was filming. That's so cool you saw it on TV! So pretty!

Abbie said...

Today was such a crazy, good day. The snow and the sunshine. I'm really falling in love.

PS - you even look cute with no hair and squinty eye.

Emily said...

Totally agree with Abbie, that squinty picture is adorable! Yes, I totally love your food blog, and the fun photos of the food. I also love that you make creative and different things with regular ingredients.

I know Abbie mentioned you taught her about her new camera settings and such. Maybe one of you guys could do a post about it, just some basics, for us non-fancy camera types, or maybe there a sight out there with good tips? I just play around with my Sony Cybershot settings but really don't know what I'm doing . . .

Morgan said...

Very exciting! Winter without snow is kind of pointless. I'm very jealous of all of the pretty snow. We actually did get a little bit here in Georgia a couple of weeks ago but it was definitely the wimpy flurry kind. I want some real snow!

MommaChelle said...

Hey Kyle wants me to send you this link of us ifishing the middle provo. he says you wouldn't miss it if you were trudging through snow to your knees.
http://utahwildlife.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23500

Jordan and Candice said...

The snow really was so gorgeous yesterday. Glad you got some pics. Too bad the snow is dirty in 5 seconds in New York. I can never eat it.

Sharla said...

I can tell it is really coming down and I bet your big camera would have really captured it in all of it's glory! Still a great documentation of Snow in the City. Everyone else thought it was a big pain, but you were your excited, happy self. Thanks for sharing!