Saturday, May 9, 2009

central park bike ride

The weather was beautiful Friday, so we were able to enjoy a ride through Central Park. We really loved the beautiful scenery and in two hours we saw almost the whole thing. At least we went from the bottom all the way to the top and back. Central Park is pretty big, about 2.6 miles North-South and half a mile East-West. We really loved seeing the different parts and visiting places we recognized from movies. We even saw a movie being filmed while we were there! I should've taken more pictures but we were busy riding.

Afterward we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Kitchenette. I really should have taken a picture because we thought my dad's gigantic burger could possibly be one of the best in New York. Both experiences I've had with Kitchenette so far have been fantastic. Although it takes a while to get your food, the waiters are really nice and the food is amazing. It's quickly becoming a favorite. Can't get enough of that homemade mac and cheese. :)




I really wanted to see Belvedere Castle, so we made sure to make a stop. I should've brought a camera to the top, the view was pretty good!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, it looks like you are having lots of fun in New York. Its been fun to see what you have been up to, even though we were never that close! Thanks for all the recipes too!

Casey said...

Kitchenette. Yum!!

SheraLyn said...

Thanks for sharing all your great New York adventures. I love your pictures, and your food commentary and I love you! p.s. This is actually SheraLyn

Harries Family said...

What a fun experience you get to have! Looks like you guys are living it up in NYC!

Abbie said...

Hi there! You have a new blog stalker. Hilary Wertz gave me your blog address. We're moving to NYC in August and I'm completely obsessed right now. I hope you don't mind if I pop back from time to time to gawk at your beautiful pictures of that beautiful city.

Mills Family said...

Hi!!! Oh, it is so fun to see brian and sharla there with you on your daily adventures!!!!!! Oh, that castle is crazy! I love it! The bike ride would have been to funnest too! Ang...you are gorgeous! Anyway, I just had to tell you because I think it all the time when I get on your blog. Well, I can't wait to see what you are up to tomorrow! I'll check back in......

Sharla said...

Loved this day in the park, it was almost as fun as our run. You live in a beautiful area with so many possibilities. I am amazed!! I never realized this all was possible in NYC.