Monday, May 11, 2009

we walked the brooklyn bridge

This was one of my very most favorite things we did. Klane and I will definitely be back. We walked the bridge Saturday evening, then watched the sun set over the city. There is this lovely little park on the water's edge when you get to the other side, and while you are there you must try the famous Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Our peach and strawberry cones tasted like fresh fruit. In ice cream. Next time we will go on a weekday and try Grimaldi's; there was a huge line out front.







Afterward we took a cab back over to Pier 17 at the South Street Seaport and found this amazing Cuban restaurant, Cabana Nuevo Latino. Such different tastes and so delicious. It was a fun end to a busy day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool shot of you and Klane (and the same one of your parents) on the bridge. Nice choice. I'm a happier person today because I can feel you are back in Utah :)

Mills Family said...

Oh, wow! I feel like I'm almost comfortable being a "NewYorker" right along with you at this point! I absoluetly love jumping into New York each day in this....my immaginary computer "reality" world! I LOVE the cuban restaurant too! Yummy! The pics of all you guys are so great!

Yelena said...

i wanna do that too! :)
you guys got some amazing photos on this little adventure! :)
and that ice cream sounds absolutely delicious! :)
p.s. i just lovee reading your blog. you and Klane make the most adorable couple, and your blog is so interesting! lovee it! :)

Sharla said...

What a wonderful ending to the most amazing 5 days in NYC. We had the perfect tour guide and you were such a great planner of events. How fun for us to have a real connection to the City and get to see some out of the way places with you and Klane. I think we truly did see and have some of the best sites and tastes of the City, maybe even the world. tee hee

Gaskin Girl said...

Wow! You guys are having SOO much FUN! Super jealous over here! I'm just lovin' all of your fabulous pictures. Keep 'em coming!