Friday, August 7, 2009

baking... the way to calm my nerves (theoretically)


For some reason I don't feel complete without some kind of baked treat readily available in the apartment. Scary. Today it was oatmeal cookies.

I wanted to give a quick update on the job search. Yesterday morning I went to a dentist's office who invited me back this week, after an interview in June. I shadowed the hygienist all morning and she showed me the ropes. They invited me for a working interview on Tuesday. I am soooooo nervous. I'll be seeing a full day of patients. The office is wonderful though, everyone is so incredibly nice and it's very high quality. I would love to work there, I hope it goes well.

I am unbelievably nervous. What if I get in there and my mind goes blank and I have no idea what to do? What if I can't work fast enough and I get behind? What if I can't figure out how to use Dentrix and have to ask a million questions? What if I'm too slow and I ruin the schedule? What if I make a mistake in the charts? What if I make people wait because I'm too slow?!

In my dream last night I completely forgot to come tell the doc I was finished cleaning so he could come check, and I got like 30 minutes behind and they told me to just leave. The sad thing was the doctor is so nice, I distinctly remember that in the dream it wasn't like he was mad, it was like he felt sorry for me. Ugh.

I think I'm going to be insanely nervous no matter what, but if I can just keep moving and at least act like I'm confident and in control, I'll consider the day a success. I am very freaked out so prayers would be appreciated!

8 comments:

Christine said...

i actually found that the transition was really easy. you'll do great. i promise.

:)

Sydna Graf said...

Nerves are good, they keep you on your toes. At least that's what I've been telling myself. I haven't been able to sleep for months thinking about going back to teaching. You'll be great though; you've had a lot of good training.

Sharla said...

We will be praying and you will be just fine. I like your last thought about just acting like you are in control and if you just keep moving thru the day, you will be! You are amazing and you are so ready for this. Smile!!

Sharla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ross Co. said...

I'm so not even worried about you. You'll be amazing, they will beg you to work for them ;)

Calee said...

Oh Ang, your "what if's" sound so much like me. I work myself up almost to the point where I am physically SICK. I really do know how you feel and will be praying for you!
You will do great though, you always do :).

pandorasbox said...

you are doing something you can literally do in your sleep...just in a different state...you go girl you can do this!!!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I'm amazing at knowing when people will rock it. You'll rock it!