Thursday, August 27, 2009

i can't help myself

I was just looking at these and wanted to post a couple more. I haven't seen many sunsets this summer, and I can't get over this one. After storms and clouds all afternoon, that sky was just unreal. Gorgeous!


from our window.


from the roof.

I've been missing nature lately. Okay, I've been missing Utah specifically. It's so beautiful there. Yes, we miss our family like crazy, but at least we get to talk to them and see them on video chat. But if I think about the mountains and canyons, that's when I start crying. I miss going for drives in the canyon, running and hiking and riding bikes in the mountains. Utah kids, next time you're driving around, look up and notice how incredibly amazing the view is. I'll never take it for granted again! We're hoping to plan a weekend sometime soon to escape the city. I know there are a lot of beautiful places around here to visit. I just wish we had our camping gear out here!

9 comments:

Sharla said...

We need to plan ahead next summer for some boating and camping outings together! This has been a different summer for sure! You are amazing!!

becca said...

i felt like that in nyc too. i just wanted the west! it's a hard feeling.

Sheristuff said...

Ang,
after i read your post this morning i sat on the porch and enjoyed the beautiful red mountains that i often don't notice. i do love this little town and sometimes need a reminder to appreciate it. although i have to say that i would love to have some of the adventures that you are having. thanx for sharing.
love ya, sher

Amie said...

The pictures are amazing, so beautiful. I can relate. I didn't realize how much I missed the mountains until we moved east and they were no longer there for me to look at everyday driving to work. I remember one specific time flying back to Utah after missing home and family really bad. As soon as I looked out my window and saw the Utah mountains I felt so much peace and comfort. Keep taking pictures I love looking at them.

Morgan said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful sunset! I know what you mean about missing home. I can't relate as far as missing Utah (never been; it's way up there on my list of places that I must visit). I think it's completely normal. Hopefully you'll get a chance to go back and visit really soon.

Also, there's just something about living in New York. When I was up there, my dad would come up to visit me every so often. I'd always request that we go somewhere outside of the city, to New Jersey or just anywhere away from the hustle and bustle. New York is great, but I think everyone needs a break from the city after a while.

Katherine said...

Angie, I recently discovered your blog and I just want to tell you that you are an amazing photographer and storyteller! I love how beautifully you document your adventures in NYC -- I love, love, love that city!! Reading your posts make me feel like I'm actually there again. You are so creative and darling.

I also love your cooking blog--what wonderful recipes and gorgeous photos--wow! Thanks for inspiring us. (Watch out Martha Stewart!)

Could you please post what kind of camera you use? You have some serious talent, girl. Keep up the great work and enjoy every New York moment!

Dayna said...

you need to update your blog. i think this is a record for you. i can't keep clicking on your link to see the same post over and over... i need a ny update! :)

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness the colors are AMAZING!! It's unbelievable! What a sight, you just keep introducing more and more reasons for New York to blow my mind ;)

Krystyna said...

When you come out here make sure you call us and we can get all the old CALLE guys + wives together and play games or something!