Monday, August 10, 2009

the little red lighthouse

Pat and Lindsay are leaving this week. Boo. We're sad to see them go. We had Sunday dinner together and then went to see a little-known wonder of upper Manhattan: the Little Red Lighthouse under the George Washington Bridge. It was beautiful and we were lucky enough to be there during the most gorgeous sunset.

The lighting was amazing, hence the number of pictures I took. Between Lindsay and I there had to have been like 170 photos taken. Check out her pics here, they are so amazing and so different from mine! It's so cool to see the different view two minds can take on something. Lindsay is an artist.

This was one of those places where you totally forget you're in Manhattan. I love that! I'm so glad we visited this little gem.





















I also wanted to thank all of you for thinking of me and for your kind words for me as I go into this working interview tomorrow. It honestly has meant so much to me that I'm on your mind, and I re-read your comments tonight to give me that extra boost of confidence I needed for tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

8 comments:

Kylie Whiting said...

ahhh! i want to go here and get these pictures!!!!!!!! awesome.

Sharla said...

You got some amazing shots! You are going to totally have a great experience tomorrow. We will be thinking of you and praying for you!

Morgan said...

Gorgeous pictures. I hope you realize that you're an artist, too:)

I'd meant to leave you a comment about your job interview but I was so horrible and I forgot to. I just wanted to let you know that I've said a few prayers for you and I feel very strongly that everything will go well. I'm not sure that that means anything, but I just felt that I should share that with you. Good luck!

Halfords said...

Gorgeous pictures Angie! I wish you were in Utah so you could take some family ones for me!

Lindsay said...

Angie! I was so excited for your post to see what pictures you got! I LOVE them. I am stealing them for my own use! haha And p.s. you are the artist! You taught me all that I know! REMEMBER! "You changed my life"

Christine said...

yes yes! let us know how your interview goes!

good luck!!

Abbie said...

Angie, I can see the little red lighthouse from my apartment! And that's our bridge! That is our view! AHHHH! This is exciting! We move in on Friday. Wish us luck!

todd and erin said...

Angie...I can't remember how I stumbled on your blog. (This is Erin from yearbook class in HS, by the way) But it is so fun to see your life in New York. I love the amazing photos you post and your positive attitude. Keep it up!