Saturday, August 8, 2009

momofuku milk bar

We had a fun night out with friends in the East Village. A bunch of us went to Momofuku Milk Bar for dessert. It was so delicious! I'm so glad Lindsay had her camera to document the evening. And that she lets me steal her pictures. :)



Carly


Casey and Todd. We're glad they live in the Village so we can play down there often!


Casey, Carly, Robby, Kelsey, Kylie


I must find a recipe for this Cornflake Marshmallow Chocolate Chip cookie. It had such perfect textures and flavors. It was crunchy and chewy and soft all at the same time, and had just the right amount of saltiness to accentuate the sweet. This cookie will haunt me until I give it a try.


We got a slice of Dulce de Leche cake, and tasted some Peaches and Cream soft serve, Banana Hazelnut cake, and a Cornflake Marshmallow Chocolate Chip cookie. They had a lot of interesting flavors and everything was delicious!

The most crazy flavor combination on the menu: The Compost Cookie.
Pretzels, potato chips, chocolate chips, oats, graham crackers, butterscotch, coffee.
We didn't try it. But aren't you curious?


Afterward we hung around Union Square for a while.
It was gorgeous out, and such a fun evening with friends.


We're really going to miss the people who are leaving so soon. This week we'll lose Carly, Pat and Lindsay. We hope they come back, we'll miss them a lot!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

What fun and what interesting deserts. I can see that after a few months you have widened your choices of favorite places to go in the City. I am sure after a few years there would still be endless possibilities!

Mills Family said...

Oh fun! Ang, I just got caught up on your lastest few posts! I love your life! let me say it again...I LOVE YOUR LIFE! The desserts in your kitchen....the fun friend nights out....the job hunting (glad it's you...not me...i get too nervous too!)....the life in NEW YORK! Wow, you are a movie! Keep it comin!