Wednesday, August 26, 2009

our neighborhood farmer's market

Recently we discovered that there's a farmer's market practically in our backyard at Morningside Park on Saturdays. We headed over last weekend for a morning stroll. The temperature dropped a bit the last few days and the humidity has let up a little, and it has been fabulous. It was nice to be outside.






I have this complex about walking around with a giant camera attached to my face. Hence the "shot from the hip" look.



"Hmmm, wow, these are incredibly overpriced."



Found some friends in the park.


these cute red buildings brought to you by Manhattan Avenue


I realized I like the idea of farmer's markets a lot, but get there and I don't actually want to buy anything. I'm too conservative to spend more money on food than I would at the store. I don't care how "organic" it is. (In many ways, I think this city is wasted on me because I'm too conservative to take advantage of everything. But I like my money. And I like saving it. So there, New York.)

I've also realized that morning is by far my favorite time of day. The way the light slants is beautiful. It's so perfectly cool out in the morning. Morning is quiet. You can think in the morning. I love it. It was so nice to go out in the morning and enjoy a nice walk with my honey.

5 comments:

Calee said...

Hehe, if I could take pictures like yours I wouldn't care if my camera were on my hip OR my face! You are too funny.
I saw your mom for a second at the office, I told her we should get you on the baby-bandwagon; it was funny to see her and Mitz gush together about it:) You are so smart to take it all in while you can though, I caved to the pressure but you are busy livin' the life!

Sharla said...

Calee is a doll! All in due time right Angie. What a wonderful morning and the nice thing about shopping is you don't have to buy to enjoy the trip. I am afraid you get that bargain mentality from me! It is a good one though when it comes to saving your hard earned cash! What a beautiful morning and What amazing sun sets. Wow! Nature really is incredible isn't it.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I didn't know that was there either! Maybe Nate and I will go Saturday (and also not buy anything because we're equally "conservative" =)

You will hate me - I run in the early morning. Right now I don't have to be at work until 9:00 so I usually run around 6:20 am...I just do it so that I have plenty of time to get ready, eat breakfast, and get to work. BUT if you wanted to run toghether at a later time I'd be all for it. And sometimes I don't run until the afternoon if I'm too tired. I don't really have a set running schedule yet, but I need to make one and follow it. I want to train for something!

Alyssa/Jo said...

I like your photography!

Morgan said...

Pretty pictures! I love that reminder, that you don't have to spend a lot of money to create happy memories. And I'm with you on the morning thing. It's my favorite, too!