Monday, August 31, 2009

a walk in the park

Klane and I had such a nice, relaxing Saturday together. We woke up late to the sound of rain outside, then had yummy oatmeal blueberry pancakes with peaches and cream. (They were amazing. Definitely keeping that recipe around.) We spent a lot of the day inside since it was raining, but we are loving this cooler weather. I know this summer was unusually cool for Manhattan, but the humidity and heat we did experience was quite enough. We're ready for cooler weather.

Later the rain stopped and we took a leisurely stroll through Central Park to eventually get to the Apple store. We definitely took the long way but it was so nice to hold hands with Klane and enjoy the nice weather. I've been wanting to see this famous bridge, so we walked by and took some pictures. Hard to capture, but it was pretty in real life.







At Bethesda fountain this guy was making giant bubbles and the little kids were loving it. It was fun to watch the wonder on their faces; so cute. There was also a wedding being shot, and I had to sneak a picture. I love anything wedding related, they just make me smile. The horse-drawn carriages were lined up and I thought the horses were especially beautiful. Seeing the horses made me miss visiting my grandparents' ranch in Hatch Utah!







After the park, we hit the Apple store and walked through some other stores between 5th and Lexington Avenues. It was so weird to walk through there at night; I am there all the time for work during the week, but it was like a completely different place at night. Kind of fun to see the night life side of that part of town. We rode the 6 train uptown and felt very grateful for our three subway lines on our side of town, compared to the one they have on the East Side. Maybe we're biased. I think ours are so much less crowded!

On the way home we picked up a classic New York style pizza from Giovanni's. Sometimes a giant, cheap cheese pizza just hits the spot.

12 comments:

Mills Family said...

This one of my favorite posts! I LOVE your photography!!! Bubbles!! That was so great with the kids!!

Sheralee said...

I loved this post! Especially the bubble pictures!! Those were amazing bubbles! And I loved the kids faces. :)

Lindsay said...

The bubble pictures were amazing!!! Way to go PHOTOGRAPHER ANGIE!

Emily said...

how funny, I am going to say the exact same thing as everyone else. . . those bubble pictures are AWESOME! Do you ever enter your photos in contests? I would love to see your talent get recognized!

Sharla said...

Oops I deleted my comment, but loved the post and loved that you had such a relaxing and wonderful weekend. You and Klane are such a great team and we love that you are doing this thing together. Keep on having weekends just like this. What a beautiful post!

Katherine said...

Angie, you captured Bow Bridge so beautifully! I LOVE that bridge, especially in the spring and fall--so breathtaking and elegant.

I also love your "horse portrait"--wow! What a great shot. I love the way you capture life's moments and treasures.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Awesome pictures, Ang! On this post along with every single other post I missed while I was out of the blog world haha. Glad you two are having such a great time out there!

Ren said...

I had no idea your grandparents owned a ranch down in Hatch. Fun little place that is.

Angie said...

Thanks guys! I love all of you and your comments really made my day!!

Katherine- I like you and wish I could write you back on your blog. So I'll put my thanks for your comments here. THANKS!

Ren- I always assume no one else knows that Hatch exists since it's so small. But I guess you'd be more likely than most people to know. I think the coolness factor is automatically raised for anyone who's been to Hatch, so congratulations.

Gaskin Girl said...

Oh, I just LOVE the pictures of that bridge! I think it's the prettiest bridges I've ever seen. Thanks for posting! :)

Alyssa/Jo said...

I love the bridge! You might have to quit your job and find a new one as a photographer...jk! (I know how hard you worked and all you endured to be a hygienist.) That bridge reminds me of Enchanted. Love that movie! You have every talent I'm aiming to develop!

Morgan said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful pictures. I love every single one of them. The bubble ones make me especially happy. It looks like such a lovely Saturday:)