Saturday, August 1, 2009

getting creative

On the last day of the month, we looked at our budget on Mint and realized again how expensive it is to live here.

So instead of a night out, we had an inexpensive gourmet dinner at home:



To complete the "six-year-old" theme, we built a fort and watched movies.




A double-header:
10 Things I Hate About You (classic 90's movie; a little overrated)
and then Juno (we think that movie is just awesome).

(The double-header wasn't really planned, but once you start Juno you can't just turn it off.)



Good times with my favorite person.

6 comments:

kaylie jean. said...

AHHH! So CUTE!

Abbie said...

I like the fort - you guys are awesome!

Mills Family said...

haha! That's awesome! We have forts in our house continually. Trey is the designated for builder and I try to keep myself from cleaning it all up for at least 2 days! By then, all of his friends have had a chance to come and see it and play! I want to build one now! You and Klane are too fun! And yes, that is our normal meal. Kids in the home. I have forgotten that there is anything else to eat. haha!

Calee said...

Ooh, I am signing up for MINT right now. Thanks for the link!

Sharla said...

Now that looks like a fun Date night. Oh to have time for date night once again. We were with 60 people last friday night and they were rocking until around 2:30 a.m. I am way too old for such an amazing amount of fun!!

Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, it's almost scary how cute the two of you are! SO adorable! That date night looks so perfect.