Sunday, September 13, 2009

burger joint

Another rainy, lazy Saturday. We love that. I spent all summer going stir crazy without employment, wishing I had a job to keep me busy... and now that I'm working full time I can fully appreciate a day dedicated to doing nothing at all. :) At 5:30 we suddenly remembered the BYU game, threw on some blue and white, and headed to ESPN Zone in Times Square to catch the last quarter. (BYU smashed the other team, by the way. Go Cougars!)

Waiting for the train in our blue and white:


Afterward we headed over to Burger Joint, which we've had on our list for a while now. It was awesome! It's literally hidden behind this huge red curtain, in the lobby of a nice hotel. If you can spot the small neon burger sign and follow it behind the curtain, you'll suddenly find yourself in this tiny, dimly lit burger joint.






The cardboard sign tells you how to order:


"The Fastest Way to Get it Right:
1. Cheeseburger or Hamburger?
2. How D'ya Want It Cooked?
3. What D'ya Want On It?
With everything, call it "The Works."
BE READY TO ORDER OR ELSE YOU GO TO THE END OF THE LINE!"


We were ready.

"Two cheeseburgers, medium, with The Works!"


Check out those burgers! They served up some dang good, greasy, messy, delicious burgers and fries. We're glad we went!

After that it was to the Apple Store (again. We live there I swear) for a new hard drive to back up our data. Then to Home Depot to pick out paint colors. It's really happening folks, after four months we are finally decorating the apartment. My parents and brother are coming out to stay with us in a month and we want this place to look like our home when they come. Hopefully we have pictures to share soon!

Waiting on a rainy street corner:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog ALWAYS makes me hungry. It's a good thing, I love your life.
We just painted some walls ourself, it makes the BIGGEST difference. So it can start to feel like home. By the way, I loved reading what you wrote about NYC feeling like home, I am so glad you love it so much!

Amber and Ryan said...

Hmmmm- sounds a little bit like the Soup Nazi!

rubi said...

burger joint is our favorite!

Morgan said...

This was so funny. You definitely make me want to find this place and go there one day.

Ok, so I've just got to tell you that I seriously think that the two of you are the most adorable couple ever. Seriously. I just got finished catching up on your blog through Google Reader and after I realized that I'd actually said it out loud a million and one times ("They're so cute," "They're so cute," "Oh my goodness, they're sooooooooo cute") I figured that maybe I should just tell you so. So yeah. I think you're cute.

emily kate said...

I'm pretty sure we're the only people in NYC who didn't like the Burger Joint, ha! We went right after moving and I don't know what we were expecting but we I remember we weren't very impressed. But I love that it's a little "hidden" place. I can't read your blog too much because it makes me homesick for NY.

Sharla said...

Oh what a great pair you make!!