Wednesday, September 9, 2009

whitehouse, capitol and such


I felt sad that the president's family has to live there, since there are tourists roaming around their house all the time, and Klane assured me that they don't actually live in the parts of the house the tourists see. :) Oh.


Dept of Treasury


A pretty rooftop. We kept comparing DC to NYC and were amazed at how clean and beautiful and quiet DC was. I think it was quiet because of the holiday weekend. Or maybe we're just used to how crowded NYC is. Either way, it was like a ghost town!



We ate at this really great place around the corner from the Whitehouse called Old Ebbitt Grill. It had a very "DC" feel and the food was yummy!


My fearless leader, consulting our fearless leader, the iPhone. It was our savior; we wouldn't have had much of a vacation without it. We would've been lost, hungry, frustrated and tired. Thankfully we had it and were able to plan and navigate as we went. Thank goodness for technology!

We got to the capitol in time for our scheduled tour only to find that it had just been closed for undisclosed security purposes. The cops wouldn't tell us why or when it would reopen. But at least we got to take pictures outside before they cleared the premises! It was a little disappointing but mostly cool and very government-official-top secret-seeming.






The wind was blowing and Klane said, "give me a sexy look." That's all I got. :)



Supreme Court






We loved the Air and Space museum, especially Klane. He impressed me by being my guide and telling me everything I ever wanted to know about planes, aircraft carriers, etc. How does this guy know so much? He's cool.

The "japanese tourist" pose. He's in front of an A-4 Skyhawk and was very excited about that.


A model of an air craft carrier. Klane told me all about the science of how they launch and land planes on the shortened runway. Very cool!

9 comments:

Sara said...

you should have taken the obama cutout with you! :) it looks like it was an awesome trip though! i vote we go to florida for the wymount four exclusive invitation only vacation.

Tara said...

What a fun trip! Nate and I went to DC on our honeymoon so it was fun to look at your pictures. And I'm so glad you went to the Old Ebbit Grill...We love that place!!

Sharla said...

Oh what great shots! I finally got a break from the peaches and now I am catching up in the blogging world. I need to post. Texas, Hatch, Peaches, (I got some great shots of Grammie and Shera Lynn), and Keith Urban! No wonder I am tired and that is just in the last 5 days. Love you sis! You are awesome!

Abbie said...

Did I tell you my camera died in DC. I was sad. But now I'm not because I can just look at these pictures. Thanks.

Lynsie said...

wymount 4 invitation only hu....I want to go too!!!! :) The pictures are awesome, looks like you guys had a great time. I love the picture of klane with the capitol reflecting in his glasses, and of course your sexy look.

Dayna said...

i love the same pictures as lyns.. those two are my favorite! you are a babe. looks like you guys had a great time. sure miss that place.

todd and erin said...

Ooh I love DC! Thanks for showing us your pictures. They are awesome. I love the Asian tourist picture. That's hilarious.

Katherine said...

Angie, thanks for the trip down Memory Lane! I've been to all of these places, including Old Ebbitt Grill... good times!

Love the pretty rose shot-- and ALL of your creative photography. You're right about DC being so clean and beautiful. It really is a national showcase.

So sorry you missed the tour of the Capitol-- but better safe than sorry. A good reason to get back there again someday, right?!

Mills Family said...

Oh, I love the pics! I especially love the ones with you or Klane...or both of you in them! You are gorgeous Ang! You and Klane are such a fun cute couple!!!! VERY COOL trip!!!