Saturday, September 12, 2009

our last day in DC, or a bunch of random photos







It's hard to find words to describe the Holocaust Museum. But here are a few:
Disturbing. Moving. Educational. Horrifying. Life-changing.

After that we hit the Museum of Natural History.




And now, a series of pictures in which
we have wayyyy too much fun in the mammals section:








We stopped by the National Archives to see the original Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights, Magna Carta, etc.
It was incredible! I felt like I was in National Treasure.





And then we collected our bags and hopped on the bus back to NYC! What a fun trip we had, just the two of us. I didn't realize what a great thing it would be for us to get away together. We're definitely going to make mini vacations more of a priority from now on.

7 comments:

Mills Family said...

I love your idea of starting a tradition of doing things together. Call them whatever you want..."mini vacations"..."date nights"...or when you are old married folk like Jay and I, they're called "10 o'clock walks". That's what Jay and I have done for the past few years...put the kiddos to bed and head out under the stars for a late night walk hand in hand...and usually some nachos, or ice cream on the way home! It doesn't matter what you do...just as long as you make it a priority to spend time together OFTEN!! You and Klane are such an awesome couple! I'm loving to see you having so much fun together!

Sharla said...

I agree totally with Lisa. Gotta make marriage an adventure and get out at least once a week, taking the little moments to appreciate each other and enjoy the companionship. Life is way too short to be too busy for that kind of connection.

Mike said...

Looks like a SWEET trip! Klane...is that a V-neck? what is this mardigras?

Casey said...

While looking through this whole post Todd and I "oohed" and "ahhed" and laughed and cried {ok, maybe not cried}, but we LOVED it. You two are so adorable. DC looked awesome. Now, Boston. Here we come!!

Angie said...

Klane finally gave the V neck a try and he's rockin it. :)
Lisa, I love your idea of 10 o'clock walks!
Casey - YES, Boston is next on the list!!

Gaskin Girl said...

This is SOOOO awesome! Seriously. I've been to a lot of these places, and I've definitely had more fun seeing your pictures of them than actually being there in person. It's like your pictures make them more amazing and exotic. Super cool!

Katherine said...

You guys are too cute! I love the funny shots you took in the Museum of Natural History... priceless!